Premed 101 Forums

CEGEP applicant

'' CEGEP Studies (Quebec)

Students from a CEGEP of the province of Quebec are not eligible to submit an application to the first medical year of the University of Ottawa. An applicant who has obtained the “Diplôme d’études collégiales” from Quebec (CEGEP) must complete in addition two years of full-time

studies (minimum of five full year courses each year) in an undergraduate program leading to a bachelor’s degree in a recognized university, including the necessary prerequisite courses. ''

I have the diplôme d'études collégiales, and I just finished my first year in university (bachelor degree). Does this mean that I can apply in September 2008 for admission September 2009 ? (knowing that in Sept 2009 I will have completed two year of undergraduate full-time studies)

Thx in advance

• 4 weeks later...

I can confirm that it is possible for CEGEP completers to apply at UofO after 1 year of university.

I was a successful applicant in 2002. I completed CEGEP/BI in Montreal, completed 1 year of biology at Uof O prior to submiting my application. I was accepted in the French program off the waiting list, I was likely on the top of that list as I was called within the first few days after the first batch of offers were released.

(o;

good luck everyone!

hey guys, can you explain to me how the application process works for u of o please? how many oop get accepted normally(french vs english stream)?and what are the cutoffs normally for oop? also, are you allowed to apply for both the fr and eng stream? thanks:)

Archived