Premed 101 Forums

Best Year? Can it be my last year?

Just a question if your last year ends up being your best year, i.e. the school year that just ended, is there anyway of getting them to base your 25% post-interview evaluation GPA on that mark or is there no way of getting them to do that?

Thanks

No, not on the year that just ended. Your GPA is calculated back when you submit your apps. The only part that this year's gpa plays is if you only had one year at 3.70 or higher, since you would need to have this year be 3.7+ to be accepted (remember you need two years at 3.70 to be accepted. you can receive a conditional acceptance with one year at 3.70+, as long as this year ended with 3.70+ as well).

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone comment further to this or provide a link with more info?

Say I have a

3.3 in year 1

3.85 in year 2

3.4 in year 3,

now I am entering my 4th year in September 2008.

Can I still apply and be interviewed at Schulich Medical School, if I apply in October 2008?

Then provided that the cuts for 2008-2009 were around 3.7, and I finish in May 2009 with 3.7+ in that fourth year, and provided everything else with my application was great, and interview also, can I be accepted in August 2009 for Schulich Medicine?

Can anyone comment further to this or provide a link with more info?

Say I have a

3.3 in year 1

3.85 in year 2

3.4 in year 3,

now I am entering my 4th year in September 2008.

Can I still apply and be interviewed at Schulich Medical School, if I apply in October 2008?

Then provided that the cuts for 2008-2009 were around 3.7, and I finish in May 2009 with 3.7+ in that fourth year, and provided everything else with my application was great, and interview also, can I be accepted in August 2009 for Schulich Medicine?

Yes, provided your 2nd and 4th year are full-time and you are going to graduate with an honours degree. And you make the MCAT cut-offs.

Thanks Blinknoodle.

Let's say that my 2nd and 4th year are a full courseload, but I end up with a 3.59 in my fourth year, and decide to finish that degree. Then, I decide to stick around at that same university for another year (non-degree), can I still apply in October 2009 and be interviewed for the 2009-2010 round? Can I still be accepted for the 2010-2014 class, if my fifth year gpa is 3.7+, meeting all MCAT cuts, and having a strong application overall? (assuming that the gpa cutoff was still 3.7)

Thanks Blinknoodle.

Let's say that my 2nd and 4th year are a full courseload, but I end up with a 3.59 in my fourth year, and decide to finish that degree. Then, I decide to stick around at that same university for another year (non-degree), can I still apply in October 2009 and be interviewed for the 2009-2010 round? Can I still be accepted for the 2010-2014 class, if my fifth year gpa is 3.7+, meeting all MCAT cuts, and having a strong application overall? (assuming that the gpa cutoff was still 3.7)

Yes, provided it meets all the requirements of the special year (ie. year 3/4 courses, etc).

Archived