Premed 101 Forums

37 CRC and not even an interview

So tell me, Wtf ?!?! I know people with lower CRC and have been called for Interview !!

What the hell are they doing ?! My ref. letters were very nice, my autobio. was checked by pre-med mecgill students and they told it was one of the best, so what happened &?! :mad:

(I am not that mad, i knew that i was refused in late april, so i am just a little bit confused about their process..:S)

I mean, why wouldn't have been a worst candidate than another ? tell me ! :(

McGill does check your science CRC. Did you fail a course? Did you have a note that said that you copied someone in an exam? Are you OOP(not a resident of Quebec)? Etc. There must be something wrong or an error in their office.

Guest Symba

I think it has to do with the letter, either it is too predictable, or just not at all what they want.

Their decision as to who to invite to an interview is not solely based on your grade; otherwise they would have asked you to hand in the cv/letter much later. I once knew a guy who had a bit over 39, did tons of extracurriculars, but because of his letter, was not called for an interview either.

• 1 month later...

Well, your English seems to be problematic and although it's hard to tell strictly from an online forum, you don't come across as very mature. But don't take that personally, it's just my feedback on what you can improve to increase your chances for the future.

Even if you thought your application was perfect, the adcoms have enough experience to pick up on these things one way or another.

Well, your English seems to be problematic and although it's hard to tell strictly from an online forum, you don't come across as very mature. But don't take that personally, it's just my feedback on what you can improve to increase your chances for the future. .

Finally, someone else on this forum who is not afraid to speak their mind and to say something apart from the usual platitudes of "We have faith in you. Don't worry" and blablabla.

So, ok, let's use the logic Mr. Dansereau used with me. Your CRC is great, it's amazing. It's definitely above average. As of what I know, autobio is as important as CRC. So, it means that your autobio is lower than the average. You can quote as many premeds as you want to say that your letter was good. I told him the same thing, believe me. But what really matters is, did you express yourself? Is it really you? and if so, are you the type of person whom McGill Med is looking for? or have you mispresented yourself in your letter?

Well, it's all the junk but uh... don't get into microbio... the faculty sucks. I hope you got into UdeM or other French med schools.

Cheers,

• 2 weeks later...

I feel bad you didn't get in - it sounds like you worked very hard for it all and deserve a seat. I'm really worried now... what if the same thing happens to me in 2 years?

Also, can someone explain to me what "letters" your refering to?

• 2 weeks later...
I feel bad you didn't get in - it sounds like you worked very hard for it all and deserve a seat. I'm really worried now... what if the same thing happens to me in 2 years?

Also, can someone explain to me what "letters" your refering to?

A bit narcissistic? what I meant by LETTER without s is the autobiography.

Archived