Premed 101 Forums

Results are out

BCmedhopeful,

are you OOP and waitlisted? I am OOP and waitlisted and as the pool or OOP applicants on the waitlisted is quite small I was curious if any OOP applicants who got accepted got multiple acceptances and will be giving up your spot!

If you were so lucky, congratulations!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

so the numbers 4-6 in the Notification Email are waitlists for different sites?

Has anyone figured this out? On the waitlist, are you on for any spot at any site? Or just for one specific site? Perhaps I should just call the office, but if anyone has more information I'd love to hear it! Thanks

Hi,

Congrats for those of you who got accepted. I can remember how excited I was a few years back when I got the news online.

For those of you who got rejected, try not to give up. I, too, had multiple experiences of being rejected by UBC Med. I was depressed for a month, was unable to focus on my task, not to even mention I want to deal with anything related to Medical school applications. It took me a while to regain my strength back. I was thinking of giving up quite a few times, but now i am here at med school again with persistence.

The fact that you get interview means you have a huge potential of getting in next time. The only thing is to really consider why you didn't get in this time, and how to improve on it next time. That's what I did at least. However, don't rush to do this now and give yourself a month's break to relax and regain power... for those of you who still want to get in.

Congrats again to those who got in. Welcome to UBC Medical School.

Wow, I should do this more often, all this excitement is great cardio. Accepted into IMP!

For those that didn't get in this year, keep on trying. This was my third and final application for med school, I had already made up my mind to move on if I got rejected. So keep on hacking away at it!

Wow, I should do this more often, all this excitement is great cardio. Accepted into IMP!

For those that didn't get in this year, keep on trying. This was my third and final application for med school, I had already made up my mind to move on if I got rejected. So keep on hacking away at it!

Out of curiosity, what was the number after the "notification email (x)" in your email subject?

Hey jsmooth!

I can't find you on facebook for some reason....

no results for UBC Medicine 2012...

Hmm I just noticed that too. I think facebook has some serious bugs. My bet is that there's a delay between the creation of the group and when it will start showing up in searches. If you'd like to join in the meantime, you can PM me. I'll just manually invite you.

Hi guys,

After FOUR years of applying, working full time, volunteering my heart out, I finally got accepted today to the VFMP!!!!! I am SOOO happy. Will post my stats on the sticky thread. Dreams do come true if you keep trying your best!!

RuffRyder - good on ya! I was also accepted after FOUR years of applying with FOUR interviews. Similar story, working full-time, volunteering etc...I have to say that it's a little surreal, but I am SO happy!!

To everyone out there who has been rejected - KEEP TRYING!! I was SO close to giving up, but if you keep at it and persevere, you WILL be rewarded. Don't give up on your dreams if this is what you REALLY want!!:P

RuffRyder - good on ya! I was also accepted after FOUR years of applying with FOUR interviews. Similar story, working full-time, volunteering etc...I have to say that it's a little surreal, but I am SO happy!!

To everyone out there who has been rejected - KEEP TRYING!! I was SO close to giving up, but if you keep at it and persevere, you WILL be rewarded. Don't give up on your dreams if this is what you REALLY want!!:P

Thanks Kato, I'm so happy for you too! I know what you mean about it feeling surreal.

I am looking forward to meeting all my classmates!

Hey guys,

A current first year created a UBC Medicine 2012 group already and to make things easier to find i'm just going to post the link for this group instead of the one that's hard to find. EVERYBODY WHO GOT IN JOIN!!!!!!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=13075669234&ref=mf

Just wondering.. anyone manage to get in with a 79.5% average? if so.. how heavy were your extracurrics?

Archived