Premed 101 Forums

extra half year of class at queens?

Queen's still has the same length of clerkship, so I suppose I think of it as better prep for when it comes. As far as who lectures, it depends on the subject. During our MSK block, half of the lectures were by one prof. It is rare to not see a doc at least twice.

To be honest, I don't think the programs should be the tie breaker for you. Both are great programs, both have great match rates. You'd probably be happier picking the school you felt happier with based on the students you met during the interview weekend and the city you'll be living in.

Just graduated from Queens. The extra 1/2 semester was agonizingly painful for me-would have much rather been in clerkship in September of third year. That said, I think going back to the classroom from Jan-Apr of 4th year would be equally painful. Six of one, half-a-dozen of the other. I have heard, however, that the "back to the classroom" semester at Western is pretty chilled-best to get that info directly from someone who's gone through it.

Archived