Premed 101 Forums

Conditional Acceptance

I recieved mail from the U of A today. I was given conditional acceptance (I think all acceptances are conditional).

I was wondering if a current student or someone who knows about this kind of stuff can put my mind at ease. I am a third year applicant, I applied with a 3.9 GPA over two years, however in my third year I got a 3.5. My GPA averages out to a 3.8 (for three years).

I was reading on the U of A website that 2/3 year applicants must maintain an OVERALL average of 3.7 if accepted.

I know my overall average is over a 3.7 but I am still worried about my third year GPA. Is there any chance that my acceptance will be revoked because of my third year?

I called the U of A multiple times, but it seems that they don't know what the policy is. Is there anyone I can contact who will have a definitive answer?

Thanks in advance!

i thought they dont start sending out waitlist offers until after the conditional acceptance deadline was past -- ie after may 29 or whenever it is. maybe he is talking about actual mail? they send an email, but also send mailed package i think.

Thanks for your reply crimson.

I was accepted on May 15th, but the U of A sent out another letter by mail. The letter outlined that the acceptance is conditional. The U of A takes into account your current year of study if you are accepted, I was just wondering if they will have an issue with me getting a 3.5 in my third year.

sorry for the delayed response. I recieved an email noting unconditional acceptance 2 days after the letter of conditional acceptance. Diane emailed me saying that all the conditions have been met and that my deposit has been recieved. Thanks to all who posted. See everyone in September!

Archived