Premed 101 Forums

Transcript, OUAC ref number

Okay, this might sound stupid, but is the OUAC reference number we fill out on the transcript form our OMSAS number (the 6-digit one?) (or do we also include the 2008- part?)

I just want to be sure there's not an extra number out there that I'm missing. The first line of the transcript request form asks for "reference number" and the bottom asks for "OUAC reference number" ...are these the same number, or different?

Also, it doesn't say, but I assume we return these forms to our office of the registrar, and they will take care of sending the transcripts to OMSAS?

Okay, this might sound stupid, but is the OUAC reference number we fill out on the transcript form our OMSAS number (the 6-digit one?) (or do we also include the 2008- part?)

I just want to be sure there's not an extra number out there that I'm missing. The first line of the transcript request form asks for "reference number" and the bottom asks for "OUAC reference number" ...are these the same number, or different?

Also, it doesn't say, but I assume we return these forms to our office of the registrar, and they will take care of sending the transcripts to OMSAS?

I included the 2008- part. I think OUAC ref. number is the same as OMSAS number. at the top of the page, I believe it states you return it to OUAC along with one copy of your acceptance letter.

I included the 2008- part. I think OUAC ref. number is the same as OMSAS number. at the top of the page, I believe it states you return it to OUAC along with one copy of your acceptance letter.

And the cheque/money order or visa information for $8

I believe it states you return it to OUAC along with one copy of your acceptance letter.

Really? Oh crap. I already sent the acceptance to OMSAS. Oh well, I don't suppose it will do any harm to send them in separate envelopes.

I'm still not sure though, cause I thought the return to Omsas information was for UWO to know where to send it? On the transcript form it authorizes your university to send the transcript to OMSAS, and there's a box checked saying "send to omsas" so I thought we sent the actual form to our universities. Hmm... I think I will just have to ask the admissions office.

About sending another transcript if your old one was completed, I'm guessing no. I read that from someone in a thread I found earlier this morning when I was searching for info on this, but it might be a good idea to confirm that with the admissions office. We have over a month to do it, so no hurry.

If we conditionally accept and another school calls us, are we given time to choose or do we automatically get pulled and accepted to the new school?

I have no idea. I think conditionally accepting probably can be interpreted as saying that you would rather go to another school if they offer you a spot, right?

But still, people might change their minds, so I'd hope they would give you some time to make your final decision without automatically pulling you. Definitely a good question for OMSAS though.

Not to hijack this thread but...

If we conditionally accept and another school calls us, are we given time to choose or do we automatically get pulled and accepted to the new school?

you get to choose. if you don't reply the new school, then your provisional acceptance at western becomes firm after june 13. In other words, the default is firm acceptance after june 13 unless you accept another school.

I spoke to someone at OMSAS today to ask them these exact questions. He said that if a school called you and offered you a spot, you don't have to say "yes" over the phone therefore cancelling your provisional acceptance. You will get another OMSAS letter in the mail to then make your final decision. He did stress to make sure you are aware of the second offer's date of expiry, because if OMSAS doesn't get your letter before/on this date, the offer is defaulted, but you still have your provisionally accepted spot. Hope that makes sense...

One of the options on the Transcript Request Form as to when to send the transcript is "Immediately" and another is "After Degree Conferred". If all of may marks are in does that mean they should be able to send it immediately or do theny need to wait until after my convocation to send it?

One of the options on the Transcript Request Form as to when to send the transcript is "Immediately" and another is "After Degree Conferred". If all of may marks are in does that mean they should be able to send it immediately or do theny need to wait until after my convocation to send it?

I asked my old program head today (in my email RSVPing for the pre-convocation lunch, hehe) and she said to check the "when degree conferred" option.

Probably your degree has been conferred already. I checked my web "academic report" (I don't know if you're from UWO, but if you are, its in the student center thingy) and it says that my degree has been conferred on there, even though I was never officially notified. It doesn't have anything to do with the date of your convocation ceremony, as far as I know.

So, what have other people done about that form? Send it in to OMSAS with the acceptance, or give it to their schools? I'm still trying to figure this out.

i went ot registrars office and they told me its not "offically conferred" until after convacation... so you'd have to wait till then and tick off "after degree has been conferred" i gave it to my registrars office and after convaction (and my degree ahs been conferred) they'll send it to OMSAS

As far as I understand the form for requesting transcripts gets sent to OMSAS (with $8), who will then contact your school and get your transcripts forwarded to the appropriate people. If you check the "when degree conferred" box, which is correct if you are just finishing 4th year, then OMSAS will get your transcript from your school when your degree is conferred. In my case June 11th. Hope this helps.

i went ot registrars office and they told me its not "offically conferred" until after convacation... so you'd have to wait till then and tick off "after degree has been conferred" i gave it to my registrars office and after convaction (and my degree ahs been conferred) they'll send it to OMSAS

Thanks! I will do that tomorrow then.

So, it seems people are giving these transcript forms to either OMSAS or their schools. I think I'll just ask for sure tomorrow when I go drop off my acceptance. Maybe both destinations are okay. I wish the instructions in the letter had been a little more explicit about who to give this particular form to (at least they were clear about where to send the acceptances).

Do they care if the course averages aren't complete on your transcript? I finally got one of my marks today (yea, so very efficient of them eh) and the course average isn't out.

But my cGPA is displayed and everything and it shows that I've passed undergrad (yay, I did not fail).

As far as I understand the form for requesting transcripts gets sent to OMSAS (with $8), who will then contact your school and get your transcripts forwarded to the appropriate people. If you check the "when degree conferred" box, which is correct if you are just finishing 4th year, then OMSAS will get your transcript from your school when your degree is conferred. In my case June 11th. Hope this helps.

You were right! I was wrong, lol. I asked the admissions office directly, and it goes to omsas. Dangit, I hope its okay that my acceptance and transcript form arrive in different envelopes.

Yep, send it to OMSAS and make the cheque out to them. They'll take care of everything from there.

I'm hoping there is some way to verify that UWO does indeed get the transcript to them by june 30th though... perhaps by just asking the registrar's office if its been sent?

Archived