Premed 101 Forums

NB still waiting?

I'm in NB and still haven't heard anything. I called a couple weeks ago to ask if my app was still in the pile. She said she couldn't check right then, but told me not to worry. She said that anyone who was deferred in April was not notified at the end of April because they thought they would be sending out all of their decisions the following week, but they are now going slow with finishing because they just got the news of the new spots for NS residents and they are reviewing files to find out how to fill those spots. Based on MScMicro's post last week, it seems that we are all set to be rejected or waitlisted. THe Ont schools sent out offers last week, so Dal probably got a few people declining offers. They may still send out a few acceptances, so keep your hopes up. Hope all that helps.

NS applicant-Deferred and still waiting...I would say we are all waitlisted with possibly a few acceptances! :)

About the 5 seats: according to the email that recently went out to current med students it said the new seats were coming for 2009 and 2010..which would mean no new seats for 2008..?! :(

Are there still any NB applicants out there that haven't heard anything yet? What about NS/PEI?? Am I the only one :confused:

I was really expecting to hear from them earlier than this!

Hi from another NBer :)

I was defered and haven't heard anything yet.... I'll let you know if I get any news!

Most of you may be aware of this already, but for those of you who are not the following is an update on the dalmed website:

The Admissions committee has completed its review of the files for the Class of 2012. All decision letters have been mailed as of May 28th, 2008. Waitlist letters will be mailed on or before May 30th, 2008.

Good luck everyone!

Hey I got an email too! Finally....So does this mean waitlisted? because the update on their website said decision letters would be sent on or before may 28 but waitlist letters will be sent on or before may 30. Is a waitlist letter really considered a decision letter? So many questions :)

Just as I was about to give up refreshing my e-mail for the day, I finally received an e-mail from Dal. It arrived about 5 mins ago, and it says a 'decision' letter has been sent. I have a very bad feeling about this one. I'm in NB, and this is the first time I have heard from Dal since the interview.

i wouldn't worry too much - in theory all of the yes/no letters are out as of the 28th, so if you got an email today it's most likely a waitlist. just my opinion. though maybe i'm trying to make myself feel better because mine says "decision" too...

Got my letter in the mail today...waitlisted for Nova Scotia #14. I'm not really expecting much, and I am happy to be heading to University of Ottawa this September. Good luck to everyone who is awaiting their letters!

Stats:

Nova Scotian

BSc honours in biology from SMU (just graduated in May)

GPA 4.17/4.3

MCAT 27Q

tons of EC's mostly medically related

Interview - I thought it was decent, some stations worse than others

Archived