Premed 101 Forums

Getting ready for school

Hey all,

Does anyone know when we'll receive the "don't panic" information packet/website? I realize that the current med kids are still in school, but will the admissions office or student life offices be sending us anything soon?

Also, some places need some sort of "proof of enrollment" for lines of credit. Apparently the acceptance letter may not have been enough. Short of calling up the admissions office myself (which I will promptly do upon ending this message), what is the SOP on this? Maybe I just had an anal financial planner.

Thanks a bunch!

yeah...the info package probably wont be sent for a few weeks. i think i got mine in july...and i have no idea when they were sent out last year. i believe the "dont panic" guide was posted online on the class website and it's not up on yours yet.

there's really nothing you need to do/buy before med school starts except find a place to live and sort out financial stuff...even that can wait because your tuition wont be due for a few weeks after you start school. no need to pay it beforehand. during O-week all the major banks will come and talk to your class and you can probably set up everything through them.

Archived