Premed 101 Forums

1 year above cutoff

As far as I'm aware, only 1 year (best year) is calculated in your overall score to determine admission. However, you are required to have 2 years above the cutoff (3.7). That is why they can offer you an interview if you only have one year above the cutoff and use that as your best year. Any offer will be conditional on attaining the cutoff minimum in your current year when they finalize transcripts and such later on.

50% Interview

25% GPA

25% MCAT

(There is no consideration of ECs at UWO. Not sure what the essay was all about this year. Apparently the interviewers had it on hand last year where they presumably asked you questions about it, but nothing this year.)

and on some previous post, minimums would be 17/25 for each, so everyone with an interview had 34/50. I just wonder what percent the waitlist is hovering at now, yay speculation of not knowing anything

I thought it was something closer to 19/25. But since they don't write that stuff down anywhere it's anyone's guess really from year to year.

does anyone know how many percentage points you get out of 25 for a certain gpa?

If you had only 1 yr above 3.7 for ex. a 3.9 then what would you get out of 25? Or is it based on a cumulative gpa scale BUT 1 yr has to be above 3.7 to be considered?

well if the 3.7 is actually worth the speculated 17/25, then let's assume 4.0 would be 25/25. So each point above 17/25 would be worth 0.0375 if it was distributed evenly. This would mean:

3.70=17

3.74=18

3.78=19

3.81=20

3.85=21

3.89=22

3.93=23

3.96=24

4.00=25

(all GPAs rounded to 2 decimals)

I guess it could be nice to get it verified, but really, even if it was verified, I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make to applicants. Would knowing change anything? It's only 25% of the total. For the MCAT 25%, we don't even know for sure what sections they evaluate and how they convert that into a score out of 25. And then the 50% for the interview, there's never any way to know how well you'll do on that, and that 50% can really make the difference anyways. Personally, my years above 3.7 are closer to the low end of the scale, but who knows, maybe it's easy to make up a couple points on the interview portion to compensate for a low end GPA?

But back to the original post topic, the consensus is that they take your best year above 3.7 for everyone, and if you only have one above 3.7 at the time of application, then that's the one they use.

Guest begaster
50% Interview

25% GPA

25% MCAT

(There is no consideration of ECs at UWO. Not sure what the essay was all about this year. Apparently the interviewers had it on hand last year where they presumably asked you questions about it, but nothing this year.)

Can you actually cite this? I have never seen a source, but this statistic gets passed around non-stop on these boards.

Archived