Premed 101 Forums

Asking for Time OFF from NSERC Research summer

Guest soaring_eagle

Guest soaring_eagle

Hello,

This summer I'm doing NSERC reserach for a proff and studying for the mcat. Im finding i get headaches daily from the non stop workload. I need time to focus on studying alone.

What will happen if I ask for a few weeks off? Will my proff get screwed over? Is it possible for me to write him a cheque for the amount that I will automatically get paid (the financial office pays me directly), so taht he gets the money back?

I have to put my priorities straight. Anyone ever been in this kind of issue before!?

r u from UWO? ...if u r then there is a policy to take time off or what they call last few weeks off due to unavoidable circumstances. One of my friend, who was a NSERC student as well, took like 2 weeks off to visit her parents in china. I am prety sure u could take time off. Ask the research coordinator for undergraduate at your university. You can find who that is from the registrar's office. Hope this helps.

________

buy roor bongs

IIRC with NSERC, a 4 month position entitles you to ten working days of paid vacation.

Or I may be thinking of something else....

Cheers! ;)

As far as I'm aware, you're not "entitled" to any vacation. However, if your supervisor chooses to grant you some, that is his business.

Guest soaring_eagle

thanks guys! i got it worked out (thank God!!!). My supervisor has agreed for me to work more after my MCAT to free up some study time before hand.

I appreciate everyone's help. I'm also a strong beleiver in some good karma to those to do good for others, help others...so thanks again

Archived