Premed 101 Forums

GYM facilities

Hey!

I was just wondering how the athletic facilities at Queens are...I remember during out tour someone said that the gym wasnt that great but that students got an awesome discount at another gym (good life fitness?) is this true?

Hey funkymonkey,

Are you coming to Queen's next year? I think i'll be joining you in the class! :) I also did my undergrad at Queen's so i know about the gyms. Right now, the Queen's gym is covered in your student fees, but it is AWFUL for general working out purposes. If you want to play intramurals or join an athletic club it's great, but for everyday working out it sucks. That being said, it's supposed to be replaced by the end of 2009. Until then, Queen's meds has a discount with the Goodlife Gym, which is about a 15 min walk from the meds building. I have been going to Goodlife for two years, and I love it! The classes are great, and if you avoid the 4:30-6 pm rush, there is absolutely no difficulty getting machines.

Yay for Good Life! Sounds good. I was also warned about the lack of a student gym on campus, but I looked up Good Life online and it has tons of classes and the facilities sound great. I hope it's not too bad to trek there in the snow in the early mornings of winter!

Hey funkymonkey,

Are you coming to Queen's next year? I think i'll be joining you in the class! :) I also did my undergrad at Queen's so i know about the gyms. Right now, the Queen's gym is covered in your student fees, but it is AWFUL for general working out purposes. If you want to play intramurals or join an athletic club it's great, but for everyday working out it sucks. That being said, it's supposed to be replaced by the end of 2009. Until then, Queen's meds has a discount with the Goodlife Gym, which is about a 15 min walk from the meds building. I have been going to Goodlife for two years, and I love it! The classes are great, and if you avoid the 4:30-6 pm rush, there is absolutely no difficulty getting machines.

Hey! I will be coming to queens this year :D I am SOOOO excited! I was wondering what the queens med discount is with good life becuase I can also get a discount through work but that expires at the end of the month so I want to weigh my options and see what will work out cheaper :D

Thanks a lot!

Congrats guys! I didn't get the goodlife membership but from what I remember, it was a yearly fee that starts Mid-Oct and was about $350-375. If you get a place to live between the campus and the goodlife, then it becomes even more convient to get to, plus there's a Food Basics right next to it. I found the school gym was adequate for my purposes and was happy with it. Granted, I also don't mind going there at 10pm to work out. For the cardio machines, there is a wait at most times of the day. What I like though with the Queen's gym is that for about $16-20 a month you can get the laundry service that provides you a clean shirt, shorts, socks and towel everytime you work out plus a basket/half-locker. So I can run over to the gym whenever and it's open till 12am except on Saturdays

Archived