Premed 101 Forums

dating scene?

I hate to become serious after your funny posts... :cool:

Dating during med school is notorious for its drama. Aside from the lovely relationships in which both partners understand each other's needs, there are two general categories of drama-infused relationships:

1. Students who get a surge of confidence upon entering medical school, looking for a new relationship and occasionally ending their previous one due to their increased standards. Some of these students "play the field."

2. Students who attempt to maintain or begin a committed relationship but end up frustrating their partner because of their lack of free time, leading to drama and possibly breakup.

Then there are those who don't date at all because it's too much trouble, although I personally encourage people to pursue a relationship and make a sacrifice if a great person comes along. :)

I agree.

I could imagine how hard it was for the dumped significant other to put up with the stressed-out applicant, and they're recompensed with a "Dear John/Jane" letter when the applicant finally gets in.

So much for integrity and emotional maturity.

Down with dinks. :P

I agree.

I could imagine how hard it was for the dumped significant other to put up with the stressed-out applicant, and they're recompensed with a "Dear John/Jane" letter when the applicant finally gets in.

So much for integrity and emotional maturity.

Down with dinks. :P

Isn't that like, what happened in, like, Legally Blonde? Except with Law School? :D

Ohhhh man! I don't know what's worse Dott, that I've seen that movie, or that I know exactly the line you just quoted... terrible. If only I spent my time working towards positive things to add to my application instead of rewatching crappy chick movies.

Ohhhh man! I don't know what's worse Dott, that I've seen that movie, or that I know exactly the line you just quoted... terrible. If only I spent my time working towards positive things to add to my application instead of rewatching crappy chick movies.

It's okay. You can add, 'Perfected the Bend and Snap', 256 hours, to your application.

JAdlCruz's - your 'ohmygod you guys' made me laugh inappropriately out loud in public. I remember that exact quote. Don't tell anybody that I watch chick flicks.

VHS? pft. that better not be how you plan on running your practice in the near future, and by that I mean using prehistoric medical equipment that should have thrown away years ago. (But I assume you are just keeping Legally Blonde for the memories, so many memories....)

Archived