Premed 101 Forums

suspended from school

Hi, I was suspended from school a few years ago due to my VERY poor grades, a GPA of 0.94. It was a one year suspention. I went back to school and have one solid year: GPA of 3.88. Now, if I get another good year and make the MCAT cut, do I have a chance or does having a suspension on my record prevent me from getting in? I really want an honest answer, because I don't want to waste time trying to write the MCAT when there is no chance due to my suspension.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME.

Hi, I was suspended from school a few years ago due to my VERY poor grades, a GPA of 0.94. It was a one year suspention. I went back to school and have one solid year: GPA of 3.88. Now, if I get another good year and make the MCAT cut, do I have a chance or does having a suspension on my record prevent me from getting in? I really want an honest answer, because I don't want to waste time trying to write the MCAT when there is no chance due to my suspension.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR TIME.

If you are applying based on your most recent two years, earlier marks (good or bad) don't matter. Being suspended won't affect you from getting into Queen's. I got in, despite previously being required to withdraw from university. Because I met the two year GPA and MCAT cut-offs, I was offered an interview without question.

Best wishes to you, and congrats on turning things around!!

Elaine

LOL, unknown trying to maximize his # of posts any chance he gets (even if only by agreeing with ppl who have provided enuf info already). (sorry unknown :D...i couldn't resist)

Having said that, i agree with elaine as well...i love the last/best-2-year schools for giving good students a much-deserved second chance.

LOL, unknown trying to maximize his # of posts any chance he gets (even if only by agreeing with ppl who have provided enuf info already). (sorry unknown :D...i couldn't resist)

Having said that, i agree with elaine as well...i love the last/best-2-year schools for giving good students a much-deserved second chance.

Hypocrite.

I say no more.

• 3 weeks later...

yeah im actually in the same situation you are, with two years at a TERRIBLE gpa, which then recieved one yr suspension for and went back to school and managed to get a gpa of 3.8 for that one year. Aiming for 4.0 next year, and with that Quuens is a viable option if i want to apply without a bachelors degree, which would take me 3 years to complete.

Archived