Premed 101 Forums

is this true or rumor?

Dearest phulmayaaaaa, I would have to disagree. I think it chalks up as sarcasm rather than irony. Also, I'm not sure what 'knarkesque' means, but maybe you feel that my comment was a bit snarky (I actually thought it was rather amusing).

Y'all so sensitive!

tyra.gif ...charlatan

tyra_kmfa.gif ...phulmayaa

tyra.gif ...little rock

Anyways, I think all of the questions in this thread have been answered. Hope the gifs made you guys laugh; no hard feelings :P

bahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaahahah

Little Rock, I do have a question. If those students have decided to take a year for CO-OP, wouldn't those students who are in CO-OP the year earlier kinda replace them? Or does the number of students going on CO-OP vary year to year?

Co-op isn't even an official part of the Phyl program. In fact, it says on their website that there is no co-op program offered. However, some students have taken steps to obtain permission to do co-op. Most students don't do co-op because they can get that research experience during summers and thus do not need to spend an extra year to graduate.

I still think physiology is still a good degree, although some would claim that it is harder to get marks for entering medical school.

I am now finishing my 3rd year med at UBC, and now I look back, I really wish I had done either physiology or pharmacology.

I did not struggle much in the first 2 years of med school with how organs work (not to say that i find them easy either), but now i am in the clinical ward doing internal medicine, I really wish that I have a stronger background in the basic physiology of every organ systems. When I entered medical school, I only had physiology 301. For the first 2 yrs of med school, I studied for the sake of exams. After the exam, many basic physiology has gone.

I just hope I have a stronger build of physiology when i do my clerkship now.

I also think that physiology offers lots of opportunities other than medical/dental school. You can easily work in the academic research field, or in the pharmaceutical industry with a physiology degree.

I still think physiology is still a good degree, although some would claim that it is harder to get marks for entering medical school.

I am now finishing my 3rd year med at UBC, and now I look back, I really wish I had done either physiology or pharmacology.

I did not struggle much in the first 2 years of med school with how organs work (not to say that i find them easy either), but now i am in the clinical ward doing internal medicine, I really wish that I have a stronger background in the basic physiology of every organ systems. When I entered medical school, I only had physiology 301. For the first 2 yrs of med school, I studied for the sake of exams. After the exam, many basic physiology has gone.

I just hope I have a stronger build of physiology when i do my clerkship now.

I also think that physiology offers lots of opportunities other than medical/dental school. You can easily work in the academic research field, or in the pharmaceutical industry with a physiology degree.

this is what i did too for most of my undergrad, but in medical school it would be...SCARY :eek:

Archived