Premed 101 Forums

Competitive Gpa "md" Applicants

This whole Cote R Universitaire score is all very confusing for those who did not attend CGEP or french institution ...

Q: WHAT IS A COMPETITIVE GPA for MD APPLICANTS at Laval U?

Q: DOES THE SCHOOL LOOK AT YOUR EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES? how

much?

I'm from McGill U. Thank you in advance and I'm sure this info would help out a lot of other students as well.

Cheers

Mas.

Hi, I just got in to laval so maybe I can enlighten you on the process as it is different from the other two french schools. First there are the grades as in any university. anything that gets u an interview at mcgill should do the same for laval(so a 3.7 or so...). that portion is worth 50% of the process. there is also an autobiography in which you are to detail your life experiences and answer on your vision of medicine. I basically translated and changed the formatting of my mcgill autobio. However... you only get to write the autobio if you are in the top (last year was 200 this year was more but not sure how much) applicants by grades again... and its worth 20%. finally there is the interview which is a few little sketches worth 30% if you are in the top 150-200 gpa and letter combined. I can tell you that even if your grades are borderline it is very possible as every year people with the minimum cutoff are admitted you must just dazzle the comitee...

Archived