Premed 101 Forums

Holy Mack! Sept. 2 2008 deadline?

UBC says that, "The application deadline is 11:59 p.m. (midnight) PDT, September 2, 2008."

Last year it was in October--after the OMSAS deadline!

Am I interpreting UBC correctly? Is the entire application deadline bumped forward an entire month now?

Yikes.

Macaroni!

Guest 02'topaz
But i don't believe you need to have reference letters in by this time. You only need to submit those if your application is looked upon favorably at which point they are requested by the school.

Correct. UBC only requires reference letters of those candidates offered interview. The app is available now, so start now! Plenty of time :).

Thanks for the replies!

I realized that contact letters are sent only after initial cuts.

I just still a bit surprised that UBC moved the deadline forward by a month compared to last year. I write MCAT on Aug 26th, so Sept 2nd is a little close. Oh wells.

Students who have graduated from a Canadian or American university at the time of application can write an English Exemption Test.

does that mean that anyone who has not taken English but is completing courses during the application cycle cannot apply if they do not take english as one of their courses?

does anybody know anything about this northern medical program? I was in the middle of filling out my application when I came across this. I hadn't heard anything of it (I'm from Ontario) and was just wondering if anyone has info on it...I tried to search the site but couldn't find anything.

Also, was it on last years application? And do you think it would hinder the application if someone said no to the program? thanks!

It's been around since 2004 entry class (Class of 2008). Basically, you spend the first term here at UBC. Then you take the rest of your classes at the Prince George campus (go google where that city is). You will grad with a MD in both PG and UBC.

The northern program is suppose to be BC's answer to the lack of rural doctors. I guess they figure if they throw you there for 2 years, there's a better chance you can get use to the lifestyle and put your roots there.

Archived