Premed 101 Forums

Three Interviews

So ottawa only gives you 3 interviews eh?

After that, you're not allowed to apply anymore.

I wonder if it's 3 chances for french interview and 3 chances for english.

If I apply this year with the same stats as last year, it'd be my 2nd interview.

Should I save it 'til after I get my second undergrad & masters?

I don`t think a second undergrad or master's would help you.

If you are getting interviews, that means you have met the academic requirements. There is someting going wrong at the interview stage.

Ottawa places alot of emphasis on the interview. If you don`t do well on the interview that many times then there is something going on at that stage that tells the school you are not a good fit.

The important thing is that you keep being productive. Just because you were granted interviews in the past 2 years doesn't mean you'll get another one. It's somewhat of a 'what have you done for me lately' policy.

I've done a masters/phd, and while the masters alone might not get you a whole lot (the GPAs don't count for much), the publications, presentations, awards etc. do. On top of that if it turns out you don't get into medical school, you have a pretty good foundation to fall back on compared to a 2nd undergrad.

Since you can get an interview in French, I would try to do something interesting in the fall to boost your CV and practice your french. Why don't you go abroad or if you can't, you cna still volunteer somewhere in French while taking a french class? Then you might do better in the interview this year.

Archived