Premed 101 Forums

Hello all,

First of all, this site is great because of the excellent advice that you can recieve from other members.

My question is regarding applying to UBC Medical school from Simon Fraser. In what format does UBC asses your marks? Furthermore, how can I convert my grades from SFU (given in letter grades) to the format that UBC would look at them in.

Also, any other advice for SFU applicants would be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!

P.S. I know there are many other posts regarding this topic but I still don't understand the conversion between a 4.3 and 4.0 GPA system. Thanks for the help.

hey, im at sfu too...

I dont remember exactly but i believe it goes something like this

SFU A+ (4.33) = UBC 90%

SFU A (4.00) = UBC 85% or 86%

SFU A- (3.67) = UBC 80%

etc...

Does anybody else know how to convert SFU to UBC?? I'm just going off of what i got off an email from a couple years ago from UBC med.

Just enter your grades however they are written on your SFU transcript. I went to UVIC where I was only given letter grades. That's how I entered them into the application last year. Let UBC do the rest. You are better off putting more time and energy into your essay and EC descriptions than toying with the possible conversion scales. Good luck.

Hello all,

First of all, this site is great because of the excellent advice that you can recieve from other members.

My question is regarding applying to UBC Medical school from Simon Fraser. In what format does UBC asses your marks? Furthermore, how can I convert my grades from SFU (given in letter grades) to the format that UBC would look at them in.

Also, any other advice for SFU applicants would be highly appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance!

P.S. I know there are many other posts regarding this topic but I still don't understand the conversion between a 4.3 and 4.0 GPA system. Thanks for the help.

Archived