Premed 101 Forums

an MCAT question

agray33

hey guys,

So here's my situation:

I going into 3rd year this year, I have excellent grades and EC's which im fairly certain will get me an itnerview at UBC this upcoming year ( UBC doesn't look at MCAT pre-interview). However, I REALLY slacked when it came to my MCAT studying (didnt go to many of my kaplan classes etc..) and am now trying to cram a lot of info in within the next couple weeks. I am doubting that I will pass all cut-offs for eastern schools - UWO, etc...

So I will likely have to re-write next year.

My question is, do any schools look negatively when it comes to MCAT re-writes (if the first one is bad) ? I feel foolish for asking this since I know many people re-write, but a fellow pre-meder (who probably doesn't know what hes talking about) told me that some schools frown upon a previous poor MCAT score. I've done research into this and can find nothing to support thhis fellow's claim, but would really appreciate some closure.

thanks.

hey guys,

So here's my situation:

I going into 3rd year this year, I have excellent grades and EC's which im fairly certain will get me an itnerview at UBC this upcoming year ( UBC doesn't look at MCAT pre-interview). However, I REALLY slacked when it came to my MCAT studying (didnt go to many of my kaplan classes etc..) and am now trying to cram a lot of info in within the next couple weeks. I am doubting that I will pass all cut-offs for eastern schools - UWO, etc...

So I will likely have to re-write next year.

My question is, do any schools look negatively when it comes to MCAT re-writes (if the first one is bad) ? I feel foolish for asking this since I know many people re-write, but a fellow pre-meder (who probably doesn't know what hes talking about) told me that some schools frown upon a previous poor MCAT score. I've done research into this and can find nothing to support thhis fellow's claim, but would really appreciate some closure.

thanks.

if you missed lots of classes with kaplan, you might not get your money back if the score on the exam is lower than your diagnostic...

Archived