Premed 101 Forums

Anatomy Text Books recommendation?

Hey All,

Any suggestions as to a good anatomy book for someone with no anatomy background whatsoever?

Our school does suggest a few & Gray's isn't one but I've heard it to be used by other students so just wanted to get an idea of what people have found useful before.

Thx!

Gray's became available the year after I started - I looked through it in the bookstore and it seemed pretty good. Preferred it to Moore. If you're near a bookstore, I'd suggest going down and flipping through the various texts to see which fits your learning style best. If not, Amazon's sample page viewer works too.

• 1 month later...

Apparently Netter's is the devil and is riddled with mistakes and we are not allowed to have it at UofT....

Essential Clinical Anatomy is pretty popular. The author is actually one of our dissection profs which is kinda cool if you need clarification. ;)

For bell ringer practice Rohn's is awesome. Yet I still think the ideal practice is going into your own specimen and those of your colleagues for a quick look around. :) But for night time study review Rohn's is priceless. Yet, with that said I find it positively useless for actually learning the material the first time around.

Apparently Netter's is the devil and is riddled with mistakes and we are not allowed to have it at UofT....

It's not that Netter's is banned at U of T. It's just that if answers differ from that of the marking scheme, and the answers were based on Netter's, you will have a hard time getting the marks.

I don't know if Netter's is indeed riddled with mistakes, but I personally think Netter's pictures are very easy to learn from. In fact, most profs at U of T show Netter's pics to explain anatomy, except one.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
What are people's thoughts on the Human Anatomy text by Martini? Does anyone have any experience using it? Would they recommend it over say Rohen's or Moore's?

I have it--I thought it was great. The pictures are extremely clear and easy to learn from.

Archived