Premed 101 Forums

Where to put certain experience

I have a few questions regarding the UBC application:

1) Where should I put what my graduate research relates to? Is this limited to my autobiographical essay?

2) I helped conduct research on an Aboriginal population, not directly tied to my specific master's thesis research, but with the same supervisor (it was a pilot study that she needed extra hands to help her with). Does this mean I can put it under non-academic experience, although I have presented the data at conferences (which potentially makes it academic)?

Thanks for any help!

I have a few questions regarding the UBC application:

1) Where should I put what my graduate research relates to? Is this limited to my autobiographical essay?

2) I helped conduct research on an Aboriginal population, not directly tied to my specific master's thesis research, but with the same supervisor (it was a pilot study that she needed extra hands to help her with). Does this mean I can put it under non-academic experience, although I have presented the data at conferences (which potentially makes it academic)?

Thanks for any help!

1) I'd put it in your essay, but really

2) Publications section if you have something concrete?

At the end of the day, I wouldn't worry about WHERE you put it since they'll find it eventually. Anyway, good luck, I'm outta here for good until interviews roll around! Later everyone!

Archived