Premed 101 Forums

Waiting for the scores...scared!!!

GoingCrazy

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok... first off..1234 we can all count!!! And that was SUPER MEAN!!! Always Panicked, my darling, its ok!! You will get into UofT....I have faith in YOU!!! As for me, I am scared ****less!! I do not have the courage to check my grade... AHHHHHHH.. i want to know but can't... when i finally do check.. i will be sure to say bad, ok, or good! If it is good, i may write the numbers and letter! Bye for now! Good Luck to all!!!!! Stay Cool Future Docs! :cool:

january20, I think you have a shot at Queen's. Queen's MCAT cutoffs have been fluctuating lately, and so perhaps they might revert to the 10, 10, 10P cutoffs they had previously, in which case you'll make it.

Also, if I were you, I wouldn't rewrite. I would apply to the States b/c with that MCAT score, I guarantee you'll get an interview somewhere.

january20, I think you have a shot at Queen's. Queen's MCAT cutoffs have been fluctuating lately, and so perhaps they might revert to the 10, 10, 10P cutoffs they had previously, in which case you'll make it.

Also, if I were you, I wouldn't rewrite. I would apply to the States b/c with that MCAT score, I guarantee you'll get an interview somewhere.

I was thinking the same re:US but I honestly think there would be major $$$ problems if I tried that. Thanks for the info about Queen's though, that really makes me feel a bit better (I know I shouldn't rely on scores dropping but its nice to know I'm not totally out of line).

Anyone know if they can decrease your mark on the WS rescore? :D

they can, but I doubt it

I had mine rescored from my May 10 test (got an M) and it went up to an O

I'm sure it could go down, but with lower end scores (I got P this time), it might just go up!

btw, I'm in the same boat as you about applying to the US schools... I'm really on the fence about them

lolz eff, first write

ps/vr/bs: 10/10/9Q

exactly what I predicted though, i'm pretty weak with the bio knowledge being from eng

unless either the swomen cutoffs go to a 29 combined or queens goes to a q, which is massively unlikely i'll be re-doing this next summer, wrote after second year though so i still have time ahead of me.

it's hilarious to me know, a balanced double digits could have only been one bio multiple away :eek:

I got my scores but I need some advice on which schools to apply to since its not very balanced.

PS 14

VR 10

WS O (I know, this is really low)

BS 13

37O

Will the WS really affect me? I know I cant apply to Queens, what about U of C? Any other schools have strict MCAT cut offs? I am really disappointed with this O, any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

I got my scores but I need some advice on which schools to apply to since its not very balanced.

PS 14

VR 10

WS O (I know, this is really low)

BS 13

37O

Will the WS really affect me? I know I cant apply to Queens, what about U of C? Any other schools have strict MCAT cut offs? I am really disappointed with this O, any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks

I'm in a very similar position as you: PS 15 VR 11 BS 11 WS P (37P). Not having a Q or better in WS makes Western (unless you're SWOMEN) and Queen's unlikely. UofT should be fine though.

I'm a bit disappointed by the WS...just 1 point off from having a really good MCAT. Oh well, I'm ecstatic with the numerical part...c'est la vie.

Master's student in engineering. Undergrad in engineering. Undergrad GPA around 3.62.

MCAT Last year August 2008

VR: 8

PS: 13

BS: 11

WS: Q

C: 32Q

Was an okay score. I thought I could do better so wrote again this year but...

MCAT August 2009

VR: 9

PS: 11

BS: 13

WS: O

C: 33O

I am satisfied with 9 in VR. I think that's pretty much my standard. But PS is supposed to be my strength. Also, I wrote the writing section in the same way as last time but it's not that important and I think O is okay.....

Does this count as an improved score? I went up in VR/BS but went down in PS/WS. Composite is up by 1.

I don't really feel like writing it one more time....

I am going to apply to US primarily.

Master's student in engineering. Undergrad in engineering. Undergrad GPA around 3.62.

MCAT Last year August 2008

VR: 8

PS: 13

BS: 11

WS: Q

C: 32Q

Was an okay score. I thought I could do better so wrote again this year but...

MCAT August 2009

VR: 9

PS: 11

BS: 13

WS: O

C: 33O

I am satisfied with 9 in VR. I think that's pretty much my standard. But PS is supposed to be my strength. Also, I wrote the writing section in the same way as last time but it's not that important and I think O is okay.....

Does this count as an improved score? I went up in VR/BS but went down in PS/WS. Composite is up by 1.

I don't really feel like writing it one more time....

I am going to apply to US primarily.

apply to UoT - they would love you there. You would be beating their GPA for graduate students and your MCAT is good. UoT likes research so your Masters should really help you out there.

Are you SWOMEN? for UWO you would also be beating the cutoffs as well. How did you calculated your undergraduate GPA? UWO calculates it differently as it only takes your 5 best scores and drops the rest - since you are in engineering, you would be allowed to drop quite a few courses per year (look into this)

apply to UoT - they would love you there. You would be beating their GPA for graduate students and your MCAT is good. UoT likes research so your Masters should really help you out there.

Are you SWOMEN? for UWO you would also be beating the cutoffs as well. How did you calculated your undergraduate GPA? UWO calculates it differently as it only takes your 5 best scores and drops the rest - since you are in engineering, you would be allowed to drop quite a few courses per year (look into this)

Actually I did my undergrad at UofT in Engineering Science (the so called toughest program in Canada). I am not SWOMEN and I think my WS/VR prevent me from applying to UWO/Queens.

Btw, that's the first time I am hearing about a university that treats Engineers in a different way.......

Its not that you get treated differently, its just generally engineers, especially you N Sci people, take more than 5 courses per semester and since only your top 5 will count, your others will be dropped...

Oh and I am eagerly waiting for my Sept 12 results as Aug 9 was a bust as expected :|

Its not that you get treated differently, its just generally engineers, especially you N Sci people, take more than 5 courses per semester and since only your top 5 will count, your others will be dropped...

Oh and I am eagerly waiting for my Sept 12 results as Aug 9 was a bust as expected :|

That doesn't help much since we have been taking 5 for the past 3 years. Only first year was above 5.

At first I thought, best 5 per year....but that's too good to be true.

• 2 weeks later...
I just found that comment (which was obviously directed at me) extremely rude. I wasn't even asking for your opinion on something, so if you have nothing nice to say, why go out of your way to make someone feel like ****?

You're joking right?

You didn't see my post actually quoted someone else... someone who was also NOT making fun of you. The world doesn't revolve around you.

Archived