Premed 101 Forums

Advice on Optometry activities?

Flame219

Hey guys,

I'm kinda debating on whether to put down some activities on my ABS. Basically I have some extracurricular stuff that is related to optometry (if I fail to enter medical school..), I don't know if I should put them down because I don't know if med school would downgrade my competitiveness because they think that I have backups. (It's not a backup though, it's a means to an end - Medical School) Do you guys think I should put them down?

• 2 years later...
thanks for the tip Lactic Folly, I don't know if I should do that though because my activities in optometry come in a bit later than most of the medical ones.

I'm thinking I should leave them out anyways, so as to avoid risks, it's not a big deal putting them down anyway.

Hi, As I have prolly just done what you are planning to do for next year. I ask what are your "optometry related ec's"? Just shadowing an optometrist or working at a lenscrafters? I personally didnt put down any of my optom related ec's on my med app but thats cause I only shadowed one optometrist and didnt think it mattered at the end of the day. I guess it really depends on how much optom stuff you have done.

Archived