Premed 101 Forums

4th yr honours thesis

~me~

So what's the consensus here?

To add or not to add?

And what about project courses done in another country for which you received credit? (made up my own learning objectives, found my own placements, etc.)

I've heard so many differing opinions ... Any help wud be much appreciated!

Thanks! :)

ps. I tried calling OMSAS and got this lady who pretty much told me that as long as I have a verifier, it's my wish whether or not I want to include smth .. :confused:

I've included it in mine. One of the times I called Ottawa the person I spoke with said lots of people were worried about having their applications disqualified if they included this or that, but the person I spoke with said that shouldn't be a concern. She wasn't able to answer some of my other questions but I'm hoping she at least knew what she was talking about in regards to not worrying about being disqualified!

• 4 weeks later...
Guest viscous

how absurd it is that research experience gained from a "course" is not considered research experience anymore. Its not easy to get into these research courses and they involve competitive selection of applicants as well. Regardless, I included my courses and the valuable experience and publications under research. We will see what happens.

Guest viscous

update: a person has told me that doing this had hurt her for UOttawa interviews last year .... I hope it is not true as I am counting on UOttawa big time ... :(

I listed my research thesis under research. Yet, I also did research outside of the thesis too...

In the end listing my thesis as research didn't seem to set me back. In fact I would guess it helped me being that Toronto loves academic medicine. :) I also interviewed at Ottawa so it didn't seem to hurt much over there as well.

I think the quoted person above is full of BS. How would you know that one specific issue "hurt" you... Pure rubbish...

Archived