Premed 101 Forums

2nd degree: pre or post Masters?

Hi again,

I remember reading somewhere that some schools would not accept a 2nd or 3rd undergrad degree if it was completed after the completion of a Masters - but I can't find the exact post.

Does anyone know which schools do NOT care when the 2nd undergraduate degree is completed in relation to the Masters degree?

I'm looking for schools that will accept my recent undergraduate degree after the Masters is complete in case I cannot complete the undergrad degree before the Masters (I'm assuming all schools will accept any # of undergrad degrees completed before the Masters)

Thanks in advance for all your help.

NC

I hardly doubt your second undergrad won't be counted after your master's. No school I know is using this policy. If anything grades for both your undergrads will be calculated for cGPA (undergrad) and then any perks associated with master's.

So I'd say all schools don't care about your timing of second undergrad.

Intuitively, I think it may be noteworthy on your file if you start a graduate degree and stop it. I would only guess this because most (if not all) schools state that if you are doing a grad degree, you are not eligible to apply unless you are in the final year of your program and will finish by June of the year you'd be starting med school. This rule is in place to prevent people from dropping out of their grad program. You may want to check with individual schools though, because this is only my unsubstantiated hunch.

Archived