Premed 101 Forums

Jan 09 MCAT

chrail

It now says registration is open, but I get this message,

The AAMC is performing system maintenance on this application; all Web and database services that directly support this application through the Internet are temporarily unavailable. Registration opening for the 2009 testing year will be announced on the MCAT Web site in mid-October.

???

try again it's open now

MCAT MCAT is a program of the Association of American Medical Colleges

Thank you for your patience.

Welcome to the MCAT Registration system! It is a little crowded at the moment, but please keep this web page open and we will be with you shortly. To make sure that everyone can successfully register for the MCAT exam we're asking new visitors to wait here for a few moments while other registrants finish up.

Checking for system availability. Please wait.

Loading Bar

Helpful Hints:

* Please wait by keeping this web page open. If you close out of this page you will lose your turn.

* You will be taken to the registration login page as soon as we are able to handle your request.

* Opening multiple browser windows and/or multiple tabs in a web browser decreases the chances that you will get into the system and is very likely to significantly increase your wait time.

* Don't have an account yet? Register for an account here.

© 1995-2008 AAMC

This garbage happened to me when I signed up back in the spring...

The AAMC should take a look at what Vancouver is doing for the olympics....

Open registration requests for a few weeks before officially opening the sign-up and then by lottery issue a registration time and a code to use that time (limited one to person registered to that person's name)

Then you don't get a million pre-meds overloading your system the first second it opens making it extremely glitchy and frustrating.

It even allows during the request time to explain any special circumstances that may need to be considered.

I've always had a problem with the AAMC... it's a monopoly and suffers from a lot problems that would be fixed easily if they actually had to compete for business... so you will all have to excuse my rant lol.

Could not get a seat in London, but just secured one in Toronto for 8AM on Jan 30th. Woohoo.

I got Jan 30 8am in Toronto, too! =D

Jan 31 Toronto, Hamilton were all full already..

Good thing I'll only have one class on Fridays the winter term..

I had the registration window open and was waiting for over an hour at home. Then I came to work and tried again, and was able to get to the registration page in like 10 minutes..:confused:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi guys, I wanted to hear what others may have to say about this. A couple of my friends think that writing the MCAT anytime other than the summer when undergrad students are free (i.e. May-September) is a better choice than writing in the summer. Reason being that may-september, a majority of those writing are undergrads, many of which plan on just writing the mcat and sitting it through knowing it's their practise run. SO my point is, is it best to write in Jan/April since I would think less students (undergrads) are writing and more professionals (ppl going for a career change) who are free to write at this time? I'm worried because the MCAT is obviously graded individually for each person but then ranked with how others performed that day. Any thoughts?? Thanks in advance :)

Archived