Premed 101 Forums

From what I heard they were going to introduce kinda of a demo version with a very small acceptance (40 students max? ) then open it up the following year, this is not confirmed or official, just what I heard form a friend who was applying for it.

Will get back to you if i find out more.

drdev

Your friend is mistaken.

1. The program is part of the UBC distributed program. There will not be a demo year. It will not be a free standing med school.

2. They do not have a building. They are starting construction and plan to be finished for 2011.

3. As far as your friend applying to UBCO. It cannot be done. You must apply to UBC in general. After being accepted, then your site preference will be taken into account.

4. 32 spots will probably be the max. Alot of people donnot realize that the strain on the medical community a med program has is huge. There just isn't enough clerkship opportunities.

shaka

drdev

I donnot think you are understanding this expansion.

They are starting with 32 students. There are 4 years of medical school. 32 X 4 = 128. There is no "testing" stage. The government would not build a medical school just to see if it will work. They need a supportive medical community who are willing to teach. There is no way in hell that UBCO could accomodate 128 third year students.

BTW, I thought it was friend who had "applied."

shaka

Archived