Premed 101 Forums

OMSAS gpa confirmation letter?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some reason, the names of my referees don't show up for R2 and R3...it just says 'received from', where as for R1 it says received from 'Referee's Name'. Though, all 3 of my references were received and they even got their confirmation letters. Anyone else have a similar problem?

Does this letter request us to respond to OMSAS if there are any mistakes in our GPA calculation by a certain date?

The reason I'm asking is b/c all my OMSAS mail goes to my parent's house (not where I live during the school year) and I won't be back home until just before Christmas.

Rainman: Yah that's a bit weird. All of my referees' names were listed on my letter, so I would probably call just to make sure that's just a small mistake or something.

Tjey: The letter says "the biographical and academic information listed below will be sent to your designated medical schools. Please check all items carefully and notify OMSAS immediately in writing of any discrepancies."

The letter contains personal info (name, DOB, address, etc.) as well as your MCAT scores and GPA info.

So there's no offical date you must make corrections by, but obv. you should make any corrections ASAP as I would imagine this information will be sent to the medical schools quite soon. Maybe you can get your parents to scan you a copy of the letter for you to check.

Tjey: The letter says "the biographical and academic information listed below will be sent to your designated medical schools. Please check all items carefully and notify OMSAS immediately in writing of any discrepancies."

The letter contains personal info (name, DOB, address, etc.) as well as your MCAT scores and GPA info.

So there's no offical date you must make corrections by, but obv. you should make any corrections ASAP as I would imagine this information will be sent to the medical schools quite soon. Maybe you can get your parents to scan you a copy of the letter for you to check.

Thanks for the heads-up. :)

Do you guys know what would "Changed" mean in the "Transcripts Received" column in the table where postsecondary education is listed? Does this just refer to the grade conversion they did? Thanks.

Mine said verified.... for both...

Perhaps you entered something wrong, or something had to be converted?

Do you guys know what would "Changed" mean in the "Transcripts Received" column in the table where postsecondary education is listed? Does this just refer to the grade conversion they did? Thanks.

Well I have a transcript from a US school that would need to be converted by OMSAS but mine still say "received".

Mine said verified.... for both...

Perhaps you entered something wrong, or something had to be converted?

Strange...:confused: It was a transcript from UofSask with not too many courses and percentage grade reporting. They converted 96 to 4 and put "Changed". Looks like this warrants a call to them.

Has anyone else not received both the McMaster geographic status letter as well as the GPA confirmation letter? I haven't received either and I'm starting to worry that my mail is screwed up or something.

I haven't received the GPA confirmation letter.

Archived