Premed 101 Forums

What Happens After the Match?

TwinTurbo

I tried to find the answer on the caRMS website but no luck so I was wondering ...

can someone who went through the match in the past tell me what happens after match day as far as any additional documentation that might be needed?

on the caRMS website, it just says that all verification of applicant credentials will be done prior to the rank order list or else an applicant will not be allowed to proceed, .. is that it?

I'm a Cad citzen at an american med school ... do i have to send in a final copy of my transcript to caRMS or the residency program where i matched? and do I submit a copy of my degree etc as proof?

Thanks!

After the match, that is it for CaRMS. Paperwork will then follow regarding registration with 1) the university 2) the college of physicians and surgeons in that province 3) Canadian Medical Protective Association 4) any other program or hospital requirements (occupational health, etc.). I didn't have to send in any final transcripts or my degree, but I'm not sure what differences there might be for American grads.

After the match, that is it for CaRMS. Paperwork will then follow regarding registration with 1) the university 2) the college of physicians and surgeons in that province 3) Canadian Medical Protective Association 4) any other program or hospital requirements (occupational health, etc.). I didn't have to send in any final transcripts or my degree, but I'm not sure what differences there might be for American grads.
thanks for your help! not sure if this is new information but for the purposes of the match .. caRMS considers us to be CMGs :).

After the match, you heave a huge sigh of relief and ...drink. :D

As Lactic Folly mentioned, you are then done with he whole CaRMS machine, but your new program will contact you with info re: orientation, making your rotation/vacation schedule, registering with the college in your province, etc.

good luck :)

nice ... i'm all for partaaying :)

was just curious cuz i remember having to send in my final transcripts in to OMSAS ... way back in the day ;)

Archived