Premed 101 Forums

Help!

I have a question regarding undergrad that I am unsure of.

What am I supposed to take? Do I take a life science program, health science? Do I take a major, random courses?

Please help!

Take what you're good at and what interests you. That way, you'll enjoy your undergrad more and will also find it easier to do well in your classes. Then, just make sure you've taken all of the pre-reqs for dental schools (listed on each school's website), write the dat, and you'll be fine. Good luck!

Hi.

What I'm confuse about is, if I take a program, let's say political science or religious studies because I am very interesting in them, how will I have space in my schedule to fit in the science related courses I need for dental school?

Won't all the time be used to fill up the various types of political/religious classes I will have?

Sorry, I don't know much about university, as you can tell.

Hi.

What I'm confuse about is, if I take a program, let's say political science or religious studies because I am very interesting in them, how will I have space in my schedule to fit in the science related courses I need for dental school?

Won't all the time be used to fill up the various types of political/religious classes I will have?

Sorry, I don't know much about university, as you can tell.

haha, don't worry about that. you'll have to take electives, most schools "force" you to take electives, and for those electives you can take the prereq science courses.

However, i like chemistry, and i'm being slaughtered by chemistry at UBC...(3rd year chem major)

I'm worried that the electives won't be enough to complete all my pre-reqs plus any additional courses I may need to take that will help me.

Plus, if do program like the ones I mentioned, and don't get into dental, the programs can't really supply good jobs, if any really.

I'm worried that the electives won't be enough to complete all my pre-reqs plus any additional courses I may need to take that will help me.

Plus, if do program like the ones I mentioned, and don't get into dental, the programs can't really supply good jobs, if any really.

most programs have a lot of electives.. atleast 2 half-year courses a year sometime as much as 8 half-year courses a year... if you really need to complete a prereq... you can take summmer school or overload during the school year. Alternatively, say you are a poli sci major, they will probably make you take 2 englishs, and maybe 1 math (for example) and it will overlap with some dental school prereq's.. This really shouldn't be one of major your worries.

Worry about where you will succeed and where you will enjoy yourself most..

Archived