Premed 101 Forums

MMI practice in GTA?

Jen21

Where is everyone coming from? I think York U might be a bit out of the way for some people. Could we choose a more central location (i.e. downtown)?

Haha I think we should find out where everyone is coming from because I don't know if downtown is really "central" for everyone....I am in Markham but I don't mind doing this downtown if its easier for the majority of people.

Mike and I have created a facebook group where we can hammer out the details (location and time) with everyone that is interested in the Peer MMI practice.

Here is the link to the group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=61771724765

For now if everyone can get as many resources as possible for the MMI, I have a few that I will bring along to our first meeting, as well as a ton of possible questions that may be appropriate for panel and MMI interviews that would be great.

I like the YorkU idea---however, I do not have facebook. Maybe, we can coordinate our efforts through email; or just let me know when you decide on this. I am ready to go as soon as this Friday. I am usually at YorkU too.

cheers,

Mike and I have created a facebook group where we can hammer out the details (location and time) with everyone that is interested in the Peer MMI practice.

Here is the link to the group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=61771724765

For now if everyone can get as many resources as possible for the MMI, I have a few that I will bring along to our first meeting, as well as a ton of possible questions that may be appropriate for panel and MMI interviews that would be great.

I like the YorkU idea---however, I do not have facebook. Maybe, we can coordinate our efforts through email; or just let me know when you decide on this. I am ready to go as soon as this Friday. I am usually at YorkU too.

cheers,

WHAT?! You don't have facebook?! jjks

I will let you know once we set a date and time that we can all meet, hopefully it will be done by the end of the week so that we can get started...interviews are coming up pretty fast

Hey all I am meeting with a fellow pred101er at a second cup today at 3 pm. It is the second cup on Young just north of Highway 7. The address is 8910 Young Street, Richmond Hill ON.....I know it is far for some of you but if anyone is close to that location feel free to join we are probably just going to go over some things we are doing to prep and then practice some interview questions!

Hi everyone, if anyone is interested in holding some practice sessions downtown I would definitely be up for it! I don't mean to take away from the York group that seems to be taking off, but I work full time downtown and fighting through traffic to get to York would be an absolute mess.

I'm thinking either coffee shop (as we can talk without getting nasty looks from everyone) or some kind of group study room in one of the UT libraries...

• 3 weeks later...

flame, med, digs (and typical, if you're up for it):

Friday works for me too. Med and digs, how is that for you?

preferred time?

Where you guys coming from?

I live in maple. we can change our location if york is not central, and if it entices 'typical' to show up.

btw, if you guys know of any one in med school, plead for them to come, as their advice would be invaluable.

Hey there, I'm coming in from Kitchener, but I'm a grad student at York, and I live in Hamilton.......I know, confusing.

My wife is a med student, but she likely wont be free to join us.

Let me know when is best for you all, I'd have the easiest time making it in for the evening, but if that doesn't work, I might be able to arrange it to come in earlier

Archived