Premed 101 Forums

Waterloo Regional Campus?

I've been granted an interview at Mac and just got the interview package, which explains that after the interview we will be asked to rank our campus preferences.

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight as to what life is like at both the main campus and the Waterloo campus.

I'm currently in school at Waterloo and I have a house here, so I was originally set to choose Waterloo as my first choice - I could drive downtown and not have to sell my house/move/rent in Hamilton. Also, for anyone currently at Mac in Hamilton, how feasible do you think it would be to commute from K/W if I was assigned/choose the main campus?

Thanks.

I'm not a Mac student, but they will give you an idea of what each campus is like on interview day. As of the summer they still hadn't broken ground on the meds portion of the Health Sciences Campus, so I think they're currently still on a floor of an office building in downtown Kitchener.

For my part, I wasn't altogether convinced that that would be the greatest med school experience, but then I also don't like K/W much. Commuting might be a pain, though, since you'd drive an hour each way everyday. It might be more difficult socially - I know at Dal if I were to have to commute home to the Valley everyday I'd miss out on a lot of stuff.

In addition to what will be presented on interview day, you can find information about the K-W campus on the Mac MD website.

The UW pharmacy students have (finally) moved into the brand new Health Sciences building, but I'm not sure if the Mac students are soon to follow. The building is still a work in-progress.

I've been granted an interview at Mac and just got the interview package, which explains that after the interview we will be asked to rank our campus preferences.

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight as to what life is like at both the main campus and the Waterloo campus.

I'm currently in school at Waterloo and I have a house here, so I was originally set to choose Waterloo as my first choice - I could drive downtown and not have to sell my house/move/rent in Hamilton. Also, for anyone currently at Mac in Hamilton, how feasible do you think it would be to commute from K/W if I was assigned/choose the main campus?

Thanks.

commuting would suck. We are set to move to the new building beside pharmacy for the start of your class(fall 2009). The campus currently on 50 queen st N, and its awesome.

If you would like, send me a message and i'll give you a tour of our campus and i'll try to answer any questions you have. let me know.

Archived