Premed 101 Forums

Request for help from NOSM Students: Logistics - Suggestions for Hotels, Taxis, etc.

Hello to those of you at NOSM's TB Site, I was wondering if you had some suggestions with regards to accommodation and transport. From what I gathered, the airport is about 20 min away from the Port Arthur Health Center Would you suggest taking a taxi, or is there a some kind of airport shuttle bus? The reviews on many of the hotels seem somewhat... negative. Do you have any suggestions? I'm not looking for a five star Hilton, but i also don't want a "felt like an old horror film‎" or a "suspected theft‎" experience (as per some reviews).

Thanks!!

• 2 weeks later...

Its unfortunate that the interview location is directly on the opposite side of town from the airport.

I would say that the Prince Arthur Hotel is the closet hotel that would be non-infested and nearest to the interview location. Its quite a nice hotel, however the prices might be fairly high.

Another idea is staying at a hotel closer to NOSM. After the interviews, there will be a bus to take you from the interview location to NOSM for some optional events. After the events are done - you could walk to the hotel or take a cab to the hotel, which will be nearby. Two that I can think of that are near the university and NOSM are:

Travelodge Thunder Bay

450 Memorial Avenue, Thunder Bay - (807) 345-2343‎

or

Days Inn North

1250 Golf Links Rd, Thunder Bay - (807) 344-3297

I hope this helps!

McVicar Manor is a gorgeous bed and breakfast located just down the street from the Port Arthur Health Centre (<5 minute walk). It's a B&B in an older mansion with amazing food. Not sure what it costs. . .but it's definitely the closest place, and maybe the nicest place in all of TBay to stay. . .

Archived