Premed 101 Forums

Hotels in Thunder Bay

Its unfortunate that the interview location is directly on the opposite side of town from the airport.

I would say that the Prince Arthur Hotel is the closet hotel that would be non-infested :) and nearest to the interview location. Its quite a nice hotel, however the prices might be fairly high.

Another idea is staying at a hotel closer to NOSM. After the interviews, there will be a bus to take you from the interview location to NOSM for some optional events. After the events are done - you could walk to the hotel or take a cab to the hotel, which will be nearby. Two that I can think of that are near the university and NOSM are:

Travelodge Thunder Bay

450 Memorial Avenue, Thunder Bay - (807) 345-2343‎

or

Days Inn North

1250 Golf Links Rd, Thunder Bay - (807) 344-3297

I hope this helps!

In a hurry to book my flight before the AirCanada sale ended, I registered for a flight that arrives the same day as my interview at 11am and my interview is at 2pm.

After thinking this over, I am beginning to think that I should have just opted to fly in the night before. What do you all suggest? Is this cutting it much too close?

it's tight. particularly if you are on a connecting flight.

i've flown to tbay before...actually my luggage went to REGINA (YQR) instead of Thunder Bay (YQT) despite the fact I had a priority tag on it. We also arrived late (had to connect through Toronto).

It depends on your level of comfort. You *should* be OK but considering time of year/flight delays you never know what can come up.

If you just booked the tix online, I think you have up to 24 h to make a change/cancel with no penalty. Don't quote me on this though. Call AC Reservations to be sure.

Archived