Premed 101 Forums

MMI Picture Question

Thejuice

Hey guys,

I was just considering the University of Calgary MMI interviews. I heard last year they had a picture MMI question where they said, "What do you see here?"

I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about how to approach a question like this?

Thanks for the input

In the inkblot, when I focussed on the black ink, I saw a frog. But then I focussed on the white part in the center and saw the Pope with his arms wide/mouth open, possibly singing to a crowd.

If that was asked of me in an interview, that'd probably be my exact response..

.. mainly because there's virtually no applicable use of Inkblot test's

Hey guys,

I was just considering the University of Calgary MMI interviews. I heard last year they had a picture MMI question where they said, "What do you see here?"

I was just wondering if anyone had any thoughts about how to approach a question like this?

Thanks for the input

WTF, and you were supposed to talk about it for 8 minutes? Or was it different?

In the inkblot, when I focussed on the black ink, I saw a frog. But then I focussed on the white part in the center and saw the Pope with his arms wide/mouth open, possibly singing to a crowd.

If that was asked of me in an interview, that'd probably be my exact response..

.. mainly because there's virtually no applicable use of Inkblot test's

LOL, I guess I'm the only one who saw a woman who is tied up and raped in the white image.:confused::eek:

Didn't really see anything in the black image.

Yea, you respond in a standard MMI question fashion. It was described to be something similiar to the thematic appreciation test. From what was described to me, there was an impoverished looking child who is crying and looks scared. Supposedly the picture was taken from what looks to be a disaster zone and you're supposed to talk about what the person feels like.

I'm assuming at a med interview, you should say something like, "Here I see crowds of underserved Aboriginal people in dire need of a physician..." lol.

HAHAHAHAHA. I have no real comment here, other then to state that this gave me a real good laugh - and for that I thank you!

Archived