Premed 101 Forums

Best of Luck!

Am I correct in assuming that people are interviewing everyday from now until the end of the month? Does that mean there are only going to be a handful of interviewees on any given day?

We were told the interview dates would be March 2, 4, 7, 12, 17, 19, 21, 25 and 30th, so there's quite a few interviewees per day.

how long was your guy's interview? how did you feel afterwards... and now about the interview (feel =//= break confidentiality agreement)

were the interviewers accommodating/questioning back/bad cop good cop?

Interviews generally run from 20-40 min. I think the majority are in the 30-40 mark, but I've heard of some interviews running for only 20 min and the candidates still got accepted, so don't worry if your interview is much shorter than the others.

As for "feel", you will generally get the same response, which is "you can't tell". That kind of answer to me means "it wasn't horrible, but if I don't get in, I can probably argue why I didn't." That's at least the way I felt after my interview lol. That being said you will find people who may honestly tell you they felt it went well, and others will tell you it was horrible. Just do your best and don't let one or two questions drag you down.

As for "feel", you will generally get the same response, which is "you can't tell". That kind of answer to me means "it wasn't horrible, but if I don't get in, I can probably argue why I didn't." That's at least the way I felt after my interview lol. That being said you will find people who may honestly tell you they felt it went well, and others will tell you it was horrible. Just do your best and don't let one or two questions drag you down.

: ) My thoughts exactly.

And thank you to all the Ottawa Med students who came and hung out with us today. The environment was so friendly!

Definitely was a great place to be... I loved the tour and especially looking at the cadavers! The med students were also super friendly.

Interview was quite relaxed... Mine went for almost 45 minutes, but the time really flew by. The interviewers were very welcoming and not intimidating at all!

It was definitely fair. All the interviewees I spoke to seemed to have expressed themselves well. Best of luck to all :)

This is definitely how I felt. I think there was one question I really didn't handle that well, but I didn't let it affect me too much. Overall, not as bad as I expected.

If we missed the tour on our interview day, can we attend one at a later date?

Agreed :)

The med students and admissions committee were really friendly and helpful!! The day went well, despite the nerves and anxiety...all the applicants were super friendly!

My interview lasted ~35 minutes and it literally felt like 10 minutes...I had some expected questions but I also did not get some expected questions...therefore, I dont really know what to think lol...everyone keeps asking how I think I did, and all I can say is "I did alright"....I figure I wont know how I did until May 15th lol

good luck everyone... be yourself and SMILE :)

Archived