Premed 101 Forums

calming myself down before interview?

nino

hey guys, i'm just wondering if there are any good ways to reduce the anxiety a little bit, my interview's tml yet i already started having problem sleeping 2 days ago...now i'm really scared that i'll blank out during the interview...any thoughts/comments appreciated!

hey guys, i'm just wondering if there are any good ways to reduce the anxiety a little bit, my interview's tml yet i already started having problem sleeping 2 days ago...now i'm really scared that i'll blank out during the interview...any thoughts/comments appreciated!

Reflect on what makes you happy other than medicine. Take the time to realize that you do indeed have what it takes to become a physician. Draw on other sources of happiness to demonstrate how it's not the end of the world if you don't make it, but also how even though it won't be the end of the world, you do want this position and you are qualified for it. If you walk in scared you are dooming yourself from the getgo. Put yourself in a position where you are "lesser" than the interviewees and you won't come off as someone who looks like they could be your colleague

good luck on ur interview :)

i got the same prob...cant fall asleep

try to take deep breaths and just know the interviewers want u to go to their school just as much as u want to go to their school

also...i try to listen to music before the interview or before i sleep

That's so weird, I've never had a hard time falling sleep before an interview. I stress out the last few minutes before it starts, obviously, I don't think there's anyone who doesn't. I think the most important thing to realize is the more you stress out, the worse you're likely to perform. Try to stop focusing on your thoughts so much - distract yourself with snacks or sipping water, and most importantly, talk to your fellow interviewees, joke with the students. Next thing you know, the interview has started and you are already in the interactive mode.

I realize this may not be a popular idea, but try masterbating? Night before will help you go to sleep, or in the morning will help relieve any tension you have.

yeah, solid suggestion. I would suggest though that the to get the maximum effect out of this strategy, wait until you're in the interview room

JD and diazepam.

Jochi was SUPPOSED to meet me in the anatomy lab for a pre-interview quicky, but apparently it was just a joke as far as she was concerned... :(

I try and do craploads of exercize the day before and avoid anything caffeinated to get a good sleep. The day of, I love the nerves. They give me a rush, and I use the energy boost to help me appear passionate in my expressions. Maybe I just came off as a meth tweaked arm waving psychopath though. May 15 will tell all I guess. :cool:

JD and diazepam.

Jochi was SUPPOSED to meet me in the anatomy lab for a pre-interview quicky, but apparently it was just a joke as far as she was concerned... :(

I try and do craploads of exercize the day before and avoid anything caffeinated to get a good sleep. The day of, I love the nerves. They give me a rush, and I use the energy boost to help me appear passionate in my expressions. Maybe I just came off as a meth tweaked arm waving psychopath though. May 15 will tell all I guess. :cool:

Did you show them your ninja face?

Archived