Premed 101 Forums

Dropping a course once given an interview

This question is for my friend, not for me.

My friend is in 3rd year and he was given an interview at U of A this year. He's doing badly in 1 course this semester and he wants to drop it. However, this would give him 87 total credits by the end of this semester, one short of officially completing 3 years. Would my friend then be considered a 2nd year applicant once his final transcripts came in? If they were given admission, would it be retracted?

Anyone know for sure?

This question is for my friend, not for me.

My friend is in 3rd year and he was given an interview at U of A this year. He's doing badly in 1 course this semester and he wants to drop it. However, this would give him 87 total credits by the end of this semester, one short of officially completing 3 years. Would my friend then be considered a 2nd year applicant once his final transcripts came in? If they were given admission, would it be retracted?

Anyone know for sure?

Tell "your friend" to suck it up and take the hit... course droppers based on bad grades drive me crazy!

Tell "your friend" to suck it up and take the hit... course droppers based on bad grades drive me crazy!

Haha, while I agree to an extent, this isn't me and it isn't my choice--I'm just trying to give them a straight forward answer.

I'll call on Monday if I don't have an answer by then

Oh, and in case anyone thinks this is me (it almost looks like meme me does...if not, I apologize), I'm a 4th year. I wouldn't drop a course because I want to graduate if nothing else, haha. This is really about someone else, not that it really matters.

Oh, and in case anyone thinks this is me (it almost looks like meme me does...if not, I apologize), I'm a 4th year. I wouldn't drop a course because I want to graduate if nothing else, haha. This is really about someone else, not that it really matters.

Yeah, I knew it wasn't you.

Archived