Premed 101 Forums

US vs Canadian

I wouldn't know the complete answer but I guess I can add something...

If you want to practice/do you residency in the US, you need the green card or apply for one if a program sponsors you a h1b visa. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Second, if you want to practice in the US, go to an American school then...theres far less competition at most schools.

I wouldn't know the complete answer but I guess I can add something...

If you want to practice/do you residency in the US, you need the green card or apply for one if a program sponsors you a h1b visa. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Second, if you want to practice in the US, go to an American school then...theres far less competition at most schools.

Obviously, OP, going to a US school will make things much easier than going to a canadian school. Same deal applies tho, J-1/H1b visa.

I agree that you're better off just going to the US if you want to practice there anyway. It'll be so much less of a headache in the long run. Not to mention the ethical issue of taking a highly coveted seat here and then bailing on us afterwards.:P

Yes, if you manage to get into a Canadian school and are blessed with low tuition, please do not desert the Canadian citizens that paid for your education.;)

Yes, if you manage to get into a Canadian school and are blessed with low tuition, please do not desert the Canadian citizens that paid for your education.;)

Perhaps the Canadian citizens should fight for better health care that would attract the best doctors. :rolleyes:

yeah but you also gruelled for years on end. Its not just one-sided. You don't sign a contract telling you to stay here and if that's what they wanted its what they would have done. The government has no problem doing that to IMGs with the RoS contracts.

are you for real?

yeah why not. you don't expect people to fix the system out of their own pockets right? if there are problems with our health care system that makes it more rewarding for doctors to leave Canada while there is a huge doctor shortage.. then something ought to be done.. and when voter turnout is ridiculously low.. then it's the citizens who are to blame, at least partially, for their lack of participation. it's just pure supply and demand.

yeah why not. you don't expect people to fix the system out of their own pockets right? if there are problems with our health care system that makes it more rewarding for doctors to leave Canada while there is a huge doctor shortage.. then something ought to be done.. and when voter turnout is ridiculously low.. then it's the citizens who are to blame, at least partially, for their lack of participation. it's just pure supply and demand.

Um, No. Will rebuttle this when I get back, it's too nice a day to discuss healthcare microeconomics for now.

Archived