Premed 101 Forums

DAT score AA

Actually.... (if I remember correctly....)

Total Science is calculated as a score out of 70 questions, it is not the average of biology and chemistry.. So, given your Bio and Chem scores only, you cannot figure out your TS.

Academic Average on the other hand is a calculated by the average of Bio, Chem, RC like you did above...

yeah I heard the same thing for American DAT. TS is based on the sum of the raw scores (BIO+Chem), and then the sum is converted to the standard score.

I guess this is why some people get 17 for 16.5 while others get 19 for 19.5? It all depends on the conversion chart then?

Then where can I find the score chart for TS? Kaplan blue book has the score conversion chart, but it is for american.

yeah I heard the same thing for American DAT. TS is based on the sum of the raw scores (BIO+Chem), and then the sum is converted to the standard score.

I guess this is why some people get 17 for 16.5 while others get 19 for 19.5? It all depends on the conversion chart then?

Then where can I find the score chart for TS? Kaplan blue book has the score conversion chart, but it is for american.

there is no such thing as one conversion chart for all the DATs. At every DAT sitting, the conversion chart changes because there are different people scoring different raw scores.

when you get your DAT scores mailed to you,there is another page with a chart and the standardized score distributions - they will never tell you how many questions out of 30, 40, or whatever that each standardized score means: because this information is irrelevant (this is the raw score). The char that you talk about in Kaplan is a rough estimate, or their best predictions.. It will change every test.. for the November 2008 DAT there was 1 person to score a 24 TS, one to score a 23, 15 to score a 22, 34 to score ... blah blah..

hm.. on this same sheet. it says that "the Science total is the weighted average of your standard scores on the Biology and General Chemistry tests."

I don't know waht that means.. Maybe Bio*(40/70)+Chem*(30/70)... or maybe my initial post was correct...

Archived