Premed 101 Forums

UWO Interview Thoughts

As a former interviewer, if we didn't get to ask all 7 questions due to time constrain or the interviewee just like to talk to much, we just make up the missing score using a complex formula. Which we dropped the top mark of those you answer, convert the remaining score out of 100, square root those number then take an average and reconvert back to 5 to the lowest integer

I hope that help.. Seriously, were you asked other questions, such as why dentistry, ...... etc... if you did, you got all of the CDA questions that were supposed to be asked.

________

Babi mac

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As a former interviewer, if we didn't get to ask all 7 questions due to time constrain or the interviewee just like to talk to much, we just make up the missing score using a complex formula. Which we dropped the top mark of those you answer, convert the remaining score out of 100, square root those number then take an average and reconvert back to 5 to the lowest integer

I hope that help.. Seriously, were you asked other questions, such as why dentistry, ...... etc... if you did, you got all of the CDA questions that were supposed to be asked.

wow!

why so complex? and more importantly, why would they drop the top score?

mrsweasley,

maybe you can call Trish and ask her what that means? Perhaps they accidentally skipped a question?

Maybe you are forgetting a question? In the moment its so nervewracking that its possible to not realize how many questions have been asked. All I know is that when I was done, it felt like they had only asked 4 q's. haha.

mrsweasley,

maybe you can call Trish and ask her what that means? Perhaps they accidentally skipped a question?

Maybe you are forgetting a question? In the moment its so nervewracking that its possible to not realize how many questions have been asked. All I know is that when I was done, it felt like they had only asked 4 q's. haha.

I'm 99% positive they only asked 6 questions, the 3 interviewers went in a circle asking questions, and I remember they only went around the circle twice. After the 6th CDA question they said that "the hard part" was over and they were going to ask UWO questions now. Maybe I will call Trish tomorrow and ask if that's a common thing that happens. Having them resort to the formula koft mentioned seems kind of unfair seeing as it's not my fault they started late.

Thanks for the input though everyone! :)

I thought I only got 6 questions too, but then I finally remembered my 7th Q in the middle of the night. It was the one I felt I answered the weakest, so maybe my brain wanted to shut it out.

Did anyone else have a candy dish set in front of them for their interview? I thought it was such a funny thing to see in a dental school interview room since candy's bad for your teeth and who would actually suck or crunch on a candy while answering questions? I guess it was a welcoming gesture though.

I thought I only got 6 questions too, but then I finally remembered my 7th Q in the middle of the night. It was the one I felt I answered the weakest, so maybe my brain wanted to shut it out.

Did anyone else have a candy dish set in front of them for their interview? I thought it was such a funny thing to see in a dental school interview room since candy's bad for your teeth and who would actually suck or crunch on a candy while answering questions? I guess it was a welcoming gesture though.

lol!!! I had the candy dish too!! It was really awkward. THey also had a cup of water, which I didn't use because I had a can of apple juice that I used to give myself a break and recuperate my thoughts every once in a while... On second thought, I should have taken some candy and drank their water - it would have helped build rapport. Shucks!

I'm 99% positive they only asked 6 questions, the 3 interviewers went in a circle asking questions, and I remember they only went around the circle twice. After the 6th CDA question they said that "the hard part" was over and they were going to ask UWO questions now.

I also think they only asked me 6 questions..after they went around the circle twice, I was expecting one more question, but then the lady said now they wanted to know a little bit more about me. I was also told by one of the dental students after my interview that one of the questions might not be scored or something.

I too had a candy dish in front of me. I wish there had been a water bottle instead cuz I'd forgotten to take my own and my mouth was really dry after the first question.

Did you have a nice warm blonde lady, a dark haired lady with a slight accent, and smirky guy?

yes. haha. we must have been in the same room. she had quite a heavy accent i thought..

did the smirky guy also ask you a lot of traditional (personal) questions? he asked me like 7 questions.. and i just kept talking.

Contach: He only asked me one and both ladies asked me one only, but I think it's because I spent a lot of time on the CDA questions and they wanted to leave (I was in the last group on Sunday and it was so nice out that day).

That was a joke!!

We were all given instruction to ask all questions...... Unless they changed it this year, which i doubt!

lol OH WOW. it's so hard to understand jokes on this forum, especially when people are always so serious! maybe i did just block out one of the questions, i've been racking my brain for it for the past 2 days though!

Phm and Contach: I had a warm blonde lady too! She was super nice. And did the other woman (I think she was a dental student) have an asian accent?

mrsweasley,

LOL I thought theyd only asked 4 as well!!! After the 4th (really 7th) was asked I was like "k one more round to go" and then they were like "That concludes the formal part of the exam" and I was like WHAAAA? hahaha

Does anyone know how much this "strongly recommended", "recommended", or "not recommended" scale factors into our chances for admission?

i'm wondering this too....

say i got 26 or something but just 'recommended' or even 'not recommended' (how do you get yourself NOT recommended though? lol)

and then someone else got 25 but got 'strongly recommended' and maybe the interviewers wrote awesome comments about you...would it really have no factor in swaying the committee to take the person with 25?? hmmm

but i guess we'll never know..

this recommended/not recommended thing is interesting

it seems to me to be "not recommended" someone would need to say something really offensive or show that they knew nothing about the field or they cannot communicate whatsoever.. i doubt they give that ranking very often, i'm not too worried heh!

do you think that is someone is identified as "not recommended", they would be disqualified from the candidate pool? it would be harsh but it would kind of makes sense.. hmmmm

Archived