Premed 101 Forums

UWO Interview Thoughts

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Early acceptances come out mid/late April I believe.

I believe it is mid-may because they need your final transcripts before actually looking at your final percentage which is a combination of 60% academics, 15% DAT and 25% interview.

I believe it is mid-may because they need your final transcripts before actually looking at your final percentage which is a combination of 60% academics, 15% DAT and 25% interview.

i thought the meaning of early acceptance was that...you're so awesome even before final transcripts come out that you're offered an acceptance? :confused:

i wonder how much their "schulich questions" count for...compared to the CDA style ones??

i thought the meaning of early acceptance was that...you're so awesome even before final transcripts come out that you're offered an acceptance? :confused:

i wonder how much their "schulich questions" count for...compared to the CDA style ones??

I believe early admission must be given to those who achieve max in the end - academics, interview and DAT alltogether and I don't think they can take this decision without final transcripts as academics carry max weight.

I don't think schulich questions count for actual marks and these are just to know us as is the chance they give us to ask questions. CDA style ones only count. I was asked 7 questions and it took complete 45 mins. Are all asked 7 questions or less.

if it IS the case that they take final transcripts into account...why would they wait until sometime in july to send the last 35 or so? doesn't really make sense...

That's true too....that was just my thought but maybe that's not right...have they mentioned anything on their website?

I was only asked 6 CDA questions and then 1 traditional UWO question. I saw someone post on this forum that the traditional questions aren't marked, so how am I supposed to get a mark out of 35 for only 6 CDA questions? :confused:

did you run out of time?

They are only allowed to interview for 45 minutes, so if you havent answered all of your questions by then I think the have to stop the interview regardless. Do you know how long you were in there for?

So how did everyone think they went?

Mine was pretty good. The interviewers I had were really nice and made me feel really comfortable. Overall a pretty good experience, even though I was realllyyyyyy nervous walking in!

maybe they were completely enthralled by your answers :cool:

Haha, always hope for the best!

I had my interview today. I thought it went pretty well, it's crazy they're interviewing some 240 for ~50 spots.

I know eh? I met a lot of nice/smart people in my group, and that was only ONE group!

did you run out of time?

They are only allowed to interview for 45 minutes, so if you havent answered all of your questions by then I think the have to stop the interview regardless. Do you know how long you were in there for?

my interview started late, i was sitting in that hallway for a solid 10 minutes by myself while everybody else went in their rooms. then after my 1 UWO question they said i had to go, and then when i got back to the main waiting room it was still under 45minutes past the start time so i was probably in there for only 30-35 minutes. plus there were people who started on time who got back after i did.

was everyone else asked 7 CDA questions? that's not fair if i wasn't and am in fact penalized because my interviewers started late.

also, shouldn't they have asked all 7 CDA questions first and then if i did indeed run out of time, skip the UWO question?

so answer me this everyone, WERE YOU ALL ASKED 7 CDA QUESTIONS?

maybe its just that you don't remember all your questions?

i know that when i was done i couldn't remember a thing cuz it was all a blur

i can only remember like...5 questions right now lol i'm sure they asked me more though....!

i called uwo, and apparently the 15 early acceptances are coming out late this month, and if not, it "reverts" back to just doing them all in july (whatever that means, i don't know why they would need to bypass early admissions)

i also asked them if they do the thing where top students from each room of interviewers are chosen, and the answer was no. so i guess they just pool everybody together regardless of differences in questions asked or interviewers

i think fraises is on the right track.. i couldn't remember all of my questions either but just assumed that 7 questions were asked. they should only ask the personal/traditional interview questions at the end IF you have finished the 7 CDA questions and have time left to kill.. hmmm, that's really weird, mrs weasley.

my interview started late, i was sitting in that hallway for a solid 10 minutes by myself while everybody else went in their rooms. then after my 1 UWO question one of my interviewers said they were running out of time and i had to go, and then when i got back to the main waiting room it was still under 45minutes past the start time so i was probably in there for only 30-35 minutes. plus there were people who started on time who got back after i did.

was everyone else asked 7 CDA questions? that's not fair if i wasn't and am in fact penalized because my interviewers started late!

also, shouldn't they have asked all 7 CDA questions first and then if i did indeed run out of time, skip the UWO question?

so answer me this everyone, WERE YOU ALL ASKED 7 CDA QUESTIONS EXCEPT ME?????? AHHHH :o

They probably had to ask you the traditional question as there is now a section where they have to check off either "highly recommended", "recommended" or "not recommended" as someone else mentioned on this forum. That's my guess why they asked you the traditional question rather then going on to the last CDA question.

mrsweasley,

maybe you can call Trish and ask her what that means? Perhaps they accidentally skipped a question?

Maybe you are forgetting a question? In the moment its so nervewracking that its possible to not realize how many questions have been asked. All I know is that when I was done, it felt like they had only asked 4 q's. haha.

Archived