Premed 101 Forums

Has anyone received February DAT scores?

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last February 632 people wrote the english DAT.

For the 100th percentile:

Bio was 25,26, and 29 with only 6 people getting these scores.

Chem 23 (10 people), and 24 (1).

Science ave was 23 (3) and 24 (1)

PAT was 28-30 with 10 people in this range

AA was 23(7), 24(2), and 25(1)

Reading was 27 (5)

Carving was 30 (40)

I hope that helps. It ranges and differs from year to year. I also wrote the November 2008 dats which had different ranges. As you can see very few people score above the 20/21 mark.

Last February 632 people wrote the english DAT.

For the 100th percentile:

Bio was 25,26, and 29 with only 6 people getting these scores.

Chem 23 (10 people), and 24 (1).

Science ave was 23 (3) and 24 (1)

PAT was 28-30 with 10 people in this range

AA was 23(7), 24(2), and 25(1)

Reading was 27 (5)

Carving was 30 (40)

I hope that helps. It ranges and differs from year to year. I also wrote the November 2008 dats which had different ranges. As you can see very few people score above the 20/21 mark.

Where in your post can I see this?

Well considering less than 10 people score around 24 and up depending on the section, some are different.

For example, AA scores 21 (46 ppl), 22 (12), 23 (7), 24(2), 25 (1) out of over 600 ppl who wrote.

Science ave: 20(47), 21 (16), 22(10), 23(3), 24 (1)

Well considering less than 10 people score around 24 and up depending on the section, some are different.

For example, AA scores 21 (46 ppl), 22 (12), 23 (7), 24(2), 25 (1) out of over 600 ppl who wrote.

Science ave: 20(47), 21 (16), 22(10), 23(3), 24 (1)

But consider that there are less than 300 English dental school spots in Canada.

According to your numbers: for AA, that's about 70 people who scored an AA of 21 and above. I bet atleast 80 people scored an AA of 20. That's already 160. And that is only for the February session. Add perhaps another 160 who score 20 and above for the November session and you already have 320 people: more than the number of dental school spots per year.

Thanks juba for posting those scores from feb 08. Do you know if an AA score of say, 23, on the nov DAT is equivalent to a 23 on the Feb DAT? Or is it worse because there were two better scores (24 and 25) in feb compared to only one better score in nov 08?

But consider that there are less than 300 English dental school spots in Canada.

According to your numbers: for AA, that's about 70 people who scored an AA of 21 and above. I bet atleast 80 people scored an AA of 20. That's already 160. And that is only for the February session. Add perhaps another 160 who score 20 and above for the November session and you already have 320 people: more than the number of dental school spots per year.

inaccurate analysis.

Some people who scored on AA of 20+ on November may have bombed another section and thus retaken it in February.

if that is the case, you're double counting

chances are the people who score well are likely the perfectionists and want to do even better

inaccurate analysis.

Some people who scored on AA of 20+ on November may have bombed another section and thus retaken it in February.

if that is the case, you're double counting

chances are the people who score well are likely the perfectionists and want to do even better

my estimates were conservative to compensate for these anomalies.

not to mention, those who are interested in medicine and write the DAT/apply to dental school as a back up. I'm sure a lot of those people fall in the 20/21+ AA range too.

Thanks juba for posting those scores from feb 08. Do you know if an AA score of say, 23, on the nov DAT is equivalent to a 23 on the Feb DAT? Or is it worse because there were two better scores (24 and 25) in feb compared to only one better score in nov 08?

I'm pretty sure they don't see the percentiles with the scores, or the marks distribution. That would defeat the purpose of giving out "standardized scores". all they see is that you got a 23. Besides, if you're first or seventh in the nation.. what is the difference really?

What is your GPA? Just try to apply and see what happens dude. No one is perfect!!

BTW guys, do you guys know if there is "Two-last-consecutive years of full time-load-requirement" when you apply to US dental schools?

I know that Saskatchewan and Manitoba do have such requirement, but I wouldn't bother, cause they accept such small the number of out-of-province applicants anyway.

Anyway, so we are getting a score in a week I guess?? Gosh...I don't think I will be able to open the envelope! It's too scary!! LOL

Good luck guys, I hope you all did well.

Ontario should get it first...

i'm in BC, it usually takes 3-4 days for something shipped from the East to hit the west coast.

My GPA is 3.0 (1st+2nd year combined). My 1st year was a 3.2. Second year was a 2.8 or something...

My previous term (3rd year first term) was a 3.5, and this term I should have a 3.7 or higher.

I need to drop my second year's marks lol

Ontario should get it first...

i'm in BC, it usually takes 3-4 days for something shipped from the East to hit the west coast.

My GPA is 3.0 (1st+2nd year combined). My 1st year was a 3.2. Second year was a 2.8 or something...

My previous term (3rd year first term) was a 3.5, and this term I should have a 3.7 or higher.

I need to drop my second year's marks lol

oh i know...hehe. I'm a veteran ebay business owner :)

Archived