Premed 101 Forums

AMCAS Question!!

dc88

Ok so this might seem like a bit of a dumb question, but what the heck!

I'm confused about the whole AMCAS process; I've already registered to write my MCAT exam in August but I don't have an AMCAS "account" set up! Is this going to be a problem!? Should I have set up an account before I registered for the MCAT, or can I still set up an account before I write the MCAT exam. Originally I was planning on doing the AMCAS application in September, after the MCAT was written, would this be ok? I'm not planning on applying to any medical schools until June 2010, but I don't understand how my AMCAS application will have my MCAT score if I do the application after the scores out! Sorry for all of the questions, i've just started freaking out about this!

Any help would be really appreciated!!!! :):confused:

Wow, sometimes I wish there was a back button to life! I've realized that by registering for the MCAT i've already started the whole AMCAS process and that I have an account set up just waiting to be completed!

Now, my whole AMCAS application has to be complete before I start applying right or is there a deadline for each component of the application!? Sorry for all of the lame questions, i'm just really new to all of this!

Archived