Premed 101 Forums

U of T OOP waitlist

Go to this link, http://utoronto.intelliresponse.com/topQuestions.jsp and click on the third question, "What are the statistics for the Dentistry Program?". This will bring up the following information below. When you examine it, you can see they gave out 104 offers last year. There are 64 spots, so they went down at least 40 spots down the waitlist last year (but this does not include the few people who remove themselves from the waitlist before they can be given an offer).

Statistics for the Doctor of Dental Surgery Program (DDS) 2007-2008 Session

TOTAL APPLICANT POOL: 565

Male: 235

Female: 330

Aboriginal: 0

Mean Grade Point Average: 3.55

Mean DAT Scores (0-30 range): Academic Average (AA): 19

Perceptual Ability Test (PAT): 19

TOTAL OFFERS OF ADMISSION: 104

Male: 51

Female: 53

TOTAL REGISTERED STUDENTS: 64

Male: 31

Female: 33

Distribution by Province:

Ontario: 60

Other: 4

Level of University Education:

3 Years: 9

4 (or more) Years: 35

Master's: 18

Ph.D.: 2

Mean Grade Point Average: 3.91

Mean Interview Score (0-35 range): 28

Mean DAT Scores: Academic Average (AA): 21 {Range: 18-25}

Perceptual Ability Test (PAT): 19 {Range: 14-27}

Go to this link, http://utoronto.intelliresponse.com/topQuestions.jsp and click on the third question, "What are the statistics for the Dentistry Program?". This will bring up the following information below. When you examine it, you can see they gave out 104 offers last year. There are 64 spots, so they went down at least 40 spots down the waitlist last year (but this does not include the few people who remove themselves from the waitlist before they can be given an offer).

Statistics for the Doctor of Dental Surgery Program (DDS) 2007-2008 Session

We are the class going into the 09-10 year, so this was from 2 years ago. Last year the waitlist only moved 21 spots.

We are the class going into the 09-10 year, so this was from 2 years ago. Last year the waitlist only moved 21 spots.

Last year, the OOP waitlist did not move more than 9 spots, I can guarantee you that! They have a separate waitlist for IP and I believe they restrict the number of OOP they give offers to.

M

yeah i'm curious about OOP toooo :confused:

i was talking to a girl at my interview, and she said that she was #5 on the OOP waitlist last year but it only went to #4, so she was just one away. but apparently, she said other years it moves up to like 7 or 8, so she was surprised she didn't get in.

Archived