Premed 101 Forums

I know this is kinda silly but....

Okay, so a lot of us are on this website everyday...and I don't know about you guys, but I am constantly reading threads, even if they have nothing to do with my situation. I am going crazy with this whole waiting game, and I know I should be patient, but it just seems like July is too far away!

I thought I would just open up a thread for people to vent, or just say whatever they need to say!

this may sound (read) like a stupid question! But, what happens in July? Im sorry Im from the states and Im not very familiar with the canadian timelines for dental school! I want to learn more cuz I want to go to school in Canada, that's why i joined this site! :)

Thanks!

this may sound (read) like a stupid question! But, what happens in July? Im sorry Im from the states and Im not very familiar with the canadian timelines for dental school! I want to learn more cuz I want to go to school in Canada, that's why i joined this site! :)

Thanks!

Western sends out acceptances

July is still a reallyy long way off! Try not to stress too much in the meantime.. plus once exams are done and you're in "summer mode" the time will pass much faster. :)

yeah, I guess so! Thanks for the advice.

Does anybody know what kind of stats western is looking for in terms of early acceptance?

I believe someone whose all sections are great and who has honors or masters degree. As its already discussed a lot on this forum that averages are going high because of second and third years coming with 90+ so for those who have finished their degree 88 must be quite decent. So maybe someone with 88 average, great interview with 30+ and DAT 20+ on AA and RC has very good chances of early acceptance. Or if someone in third year but average around 96/97 also have very good chances even if his interview has gone average.

Haha, I was afraid of that.

Pretty much, 4th years who get early acceptance are those who would have gotten accepted after 3rd year. That's kind of how I've been looking at it.

Last year, someone on here got early acceptance to UWO who had been rejected after their interview the previous year. They said their stats were exactly the same and the only difference was that they were in their final year of their degree (obviously their interview score might have improved though). Regardless though, I think it's really dependent on the applicant pool of that year - not just for early acceptance but for acceptance in general.

Also, if you're really interested you can just do a search to see what stats people had who got early acceptance in previous years.

Also, if you're really interested you can just do a search to see what stats people had who got early acceptance in previous years.

Oh really? Where might I be able to find that? Ive seen the stats of the 2012 class, but I've never seen the early acceptance stats, specifically.

Oh really? Where might I be able to find that? Ive seen the stats of the 2012 class, but I've never seen the early acceptance stats, specifically.

You can search for previous threads - just look at the top blue menu bar for "Search". I remember last year some people who got early acceptance posted their stats, so they should pop up by doing that.

The waiting sucks, there really is no way around it! For me, it was the worst part about the application process because I like having a plan, knowing where I'll be next and what I'll be doing. I didn't want to make other plans because A) I didn't know if I would have to cancel them in 2 months, and B) I really didn't want to do anything but dental school!

My only suggestion is to find a (healthy!) distraction. There is nothing you can do now but wait, so try not to drive yourself crazy overanalyzing everything in the process :)

Best wishes to everyone playing the waiting game!!!!

M

Archived