Premed 101 Forums

anyone applying for a 2nd time?

Guest chiapet921

Guest chiapet921

Hi! Hope everyone is busy writing a kick-ass application essay...and I'm just thinking what it must be like for those who were successful not on their 1st try, but the 2nd time around...what thoughts were going through your mind? were you extra nervous because it was the 2nd try? I'm in a similar position...just a bit afraid because I don't know what to expect...would anyone care to share their thoughts?

Hi,

I went through the second-time-applying thing. My outlook really shifted as the year went by, and as each step of the application process proceeded. In writing my application essays, etc. I realized that very little had changed from the previous year (in terms of the sketch, numbers, etc.) and that was frightening. At the same time, by the time I got to the interviews I was much more relaxed because I had been through it all before and knew what to expect.

No matter whether this is your first or fifth time going through it, the applications process is nerve-wracking. Too much waiting. And too much uncertainty. But sometimes it works out--and that is a fabulous feeling.

Best of luck. Let us know if you have any questions in the coming months. . . or if (when) you have good news!

bj

Guest chiapet921

Thanks bj! Its just more comfortable to hear from ppl who have been in the same position before...perhaps your experiences and wisdom can help us all when following what you ppl have accomplished!

Yes, I've found out that my sketch and essays have not changed at all...guess I haven't really experienced anything too spectacular since being waitlisted...

But yes, for sure I'll be having questions in the upcoming weeks and/or months!

By the way, what do you guys get in those blue backpacks of yours?:D

Archived