Premed 101 Forums

May 15th at what time??

Also, I should note that if you get rejected, you don't get anything in your e-mail on May 15th. They were very ambiguous about it last year, so when

I didn't get anything, I called and had to ask several times before they finally told me I simply got rejected - their website just said "all e-mails had gone out," so naturally I figured my e-mail was just lost somewhere in the server blackhole.

If you're rejected, you get a letter in the mail about a week or two later.

WHAT?! Why would they do that?! I guess they kind of did that with whether you got an interview (only people got their letters like a month AFTER the interviews took place even). That's CRAZY. It's not like there's that many people applying here compared to other schools.

THANKS for the info!

I wonder what the deal is if you make the wait list though???

All admissions e-mails are done on a rolling basis over the course of the day of May 15th. You will be also informed whether or not you have been placed on the waitlist on this day.

If you receive no e-mail on this day, you have unfortunately not received a spot for admission / waitlisting.

I'm sure this has been posted somewhere else, but is it rolling admissions or is there like a date in June or July that they start letting people in off the waitlist?

In 2007 after May 15, nothing changed until June 4 when they brought a few people off the waitlist simultaneously. Since there's a deadline for people to accept/decline their offer, the admissions office usually waits until after that deadline. That way, the outcomes for the initial round of offers is known for certain.

Icebox is right.

As a very general, possibly incorrect and wholly anecdotal statement, waitlist movement is on a two week cycle after the initial movement, since I believe that is how long each waitlisted applicant has to reply to an admissions offer.

Again, as with anything I say, I reserve the right to be wrong.

Hmm... I wonder what the grad student deadline of June 15th is about. They told me that as soon as I get my thesis defended and officially handed into FGSR I can get my point (as long as it's prior to June 15th - and if I made the waitlist that could bump me up). I've been done and sitting on my thesis for WELL over a month and couldn't get it defended in time for the officialy first decisions due to the absense of a committee member = FRUSTRATING. So.... I defend in 2 weeks and expect VERY minor revisions (since it's already published work)... so... hopefully they'll throw my point in there before the 2 weeks post May 15th.... and... well, assuming I AT LEAST make the waitlist. ;)

Good luck guys! Thanks for all your input.

does one reply back with email or snail mail (i.e. if we have two weeks, we would need to send snail-mail letter what almost a week in advance for OOP?, so technically we would only have one week to decide)

Snail mail. You have to send in a cheque with your deposit as well.

Hmm... I wonder what the grad student deadline of June 15th is about. They told me that as soon as I get my thesis defended and officially handed into FGSR I can get my point (as long as it's prior to June 15th - and if I made the waitlist that could bump me up). I've been done and sitting on my thesis for WELL over a month and couldn't get it defended in time for the officialy first decisions due to the absense of a committee member = FRUSTRATING. So.... I defend in 2 weeks and expect VERY minor revisions (since it's already published work)... so... hopefully they'll throw my point in there before the 2 weeks post May 15th.... and... well, assuming I AT LEAST make the waitlist. ;)

Good luck guys! Thanks for all your input.

I was actually wondering about the exact same thing! I'm defending at the end of May and I WILL have my revisions done by the June 15 deadline but I wanted to find out when my point would be able to be added. Do you think that they would add the point and then your admission would be made conditional to your submission of the final thesis by June 15? I wrote the admissions office an email about this but they haven't gotten back to me...does anyone else know how this works??

Hey. I have actually been in to talk to them a few times about this. They said they don't even want to hear from me until it is HANDED IN FINAL to FGSR, and then I just need a letter from my supervisor saying that I'm done. THEN, I think they will add the point "immediately"... although, nothing gets done immediately. So, just depends how soon you get it done, as to how soon you get your point.... may or may not beat the first round of waitlist calls.

Thanks you guys!

Yeah I called and confirmed that I can't really do anything until I get it handed in to FGSR. So it sounds like i'll just have to wait to get my point! Fingers crossed I won't even need it! :P We'll see in a week and a half....

Archived