Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Yesterday I was out at night and there were huge lineups at the gas station. I was like "what losers, the gas isn't even that cheap. I'll pump later." And then my sister calls me around midnight:

"Did you pump gas?"

"No. Too many losers lining up. I'm not sure why."

"Idiot! Theres HST now on gas!"

Damnit!!! :mad:

looooooooooool. haha. pull it out of the LOC. Maybe premeds should request a rise in LOC limits due to the HST? Hmmmm

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haha, I had this dilemma at around 11 last night. I debated joining the huge line of cars, then realized I didn't know what side of my car the gas was on (disclaimer: I'm not actually an idiot, my car is new).

Faced with the idea of potentially holding up the already large line by pulling up on the wrong side of the gas station, I decided I wasn't ready to be that douchy and just went home (checked when I got home, gas is on the driver's side :D ).

Yesterday I was out at night and there were huge lineups at the gas station. I was like "what losers, the gas isn't even that cheap. I'll pump later." And then my sister calls me around midnight:

"Did you pump gas?"

"No. Too many losers lining up. I'm not sure why."

"Idiot! Theres HST now on gas!"

Damnit!!! :mad:

Haha, I had this dilemma at around 11 last night. I debated joining the huge line of cars, then realized I didn't know what side of my car the gas was on (disclaimer: I'm not actually an idiot, my car is new).

Faced with the idea of potentially holding up the already large line by pulling up on the wrong side of the gas station, I decided I wasn't ready to be that douchy and just went home (checked when I got home, gas is on the driver's side :D ).

FYI in case you ever forget again, there's a little arrow beside the "gas tank" icon on the dashboard. If it points > then it's on the passenger side. If it points < then it's on the driver's side. That's saved me a couple times... because I am an idiot and do sometimes forget which side of the car the gas tank is on. It happened for the first like 3 months back when I got my new (to me) car a few years ago. It took me so long because I only fill up my car about once a month... so by the time I needed to fill up again, I'd forgotten what side it was on:rolleyes:

Played COD (2) for the first time today. Against my younger brother. Lost every single game miserably. But on the last game I actually killed him 5 times to his 15 kills of me... which was an improvement on the 20:2 (and one of them being a pity kill) that it started out the very first game we played. :P Although, I'm sure if I were actually playing against people that weren't taking pity on me, I'd probably be in a constant state of death:rolleyes:

Ugh... back to studying now... T-minus one week!

So I thought I had a fat face.

And I was really upset because I couldn't get glasses because my face is so fat and my glasses always sit on my cheek bones. I can't get glasses with wide arms (legs?) because it digs into my cheeks.

Thank goodness for Scandanavian eyewear and their high-cheeked girls. Finally! GLASSES THAT FIT!

:D

So I thought I had a fat face.

And I was really upset because I couldn't get glasses because my face is so fat and my glasses always sit on my cheek bones. I can't get glasses with wide arms (legs?) because it digs into my cheeks.

Thank goodness for Scandanavian eyewear and their high-cheeked girls. Finally! GLASSES THAT FIT!

:D

I can sympathize. I don't have a fat face per se, but rather a large head and a 'square' face (when buying riding helmets, the sales people are always amazed at the large size I require. :P)

Countdown to move: Bringing cats into the vet today for their pre-flight health check, and then we bring them to the Katzenpension (basically a deluxe cat hotel - where they have a HUGE room all to themselves and are spoiled to death) so that they won't be underfoot when the packers and movers get here.

Our satellite TV service was supposed to be cut off yesterday, but it's still working, so I'm happy. :) Everything I need to do for the move is done, so there's nothing for me to do but surf the web and watch tv (and go for a run, but given the 30+ degree weather we have right now in Munich, I can only do that during the mornings when it's still relatively cool).

I can sympathize. I don't have a fat face per se, but rather a large head and a 'square' face (when buying riding helmets, the sales people are always amazed at the large size I require. :P)

Countdown to move: Bringing cats into the vet today for their pre-flight health check, and then we bring them to the Katzenpension (basically a deluxe cat hotel - where they have a HUGE room all to themselves and are spoiled to death) so that they won't be underfoot when the packers and movers get here.

Our satellite TV service was supposed to be cut off yesterday, but it's still working, so I'm happy. :) Everything I need to do for the move is done, so there's nothing for me to do but surf the web and watch tv (and go for a run, but given the 30+ degree weather we have right now in Munich, I can only do that during the mornings when it's still relatively cool).

Man, i need a day at the Katzenpension (I read it as the Katzenprison, and wondered what your kitties did...) ;)

Is there any city in the world with highways without speed limits? Me must go there.

Germany. Duh...

Autobahn baby;)

It's really cool actually- there are MINIMUM speed requirements on certain sections of the road. Big trucks/buses are only allowed in the right lane and are only allowed to go up to a certain speed, and the left lane is for passing only- if you are going slow in the left lane you get a HUGE fine. Those rules make sense to me... if everyone is going a similar speed there's going to be fewer collisions. It's when you have the people who go 80 in a 110 zone in the left lane that cause the accidents.

210km/hr (in the middle of winter) feels pretty damn cool if you ask me;)

Next time I go back, I'M going to be doing some driving:p haha

Autobahn baby;)

It's really cool actually- there are MINIMUM speed requirements on certain sections of the road. Big trucks/buses are only allowed in the right lane and are only allowed to go up to a certain speed, and the left lane is for passing only- if you are going slow in the left lane you get a HUGE fine. Those rules make sense to me... if everyone is going a similar speed there's going to be fewer collisions. It's when you have the people who go 80 in a 110 zone in the left lane that cause the accidents.

There are miniminums on the roads here too... I have been stopped for going too slowly on the highway and in the city.

Maybe I was doing it to meet cops. OR MAYBE I WAS TRYING TO FIND A PARKING SPOT YOU MORON THAT IS WHY I WAS DRIVING SLOWLY ... *seeths*

Lol. If I'm driving a friend's car, I will just stop and lean out of the window to check...and you're right, I wonder if people think I'm an idiot.

There are miniminums on the roads here too... I have been stopped for going too slowly on the highway and in the city.

Maybe I was doing it to meet cops. OR MAYBE I WAS TRYING TO FIND A PARKING SPOT YOU MORON THAT IS WHY I WAS DRIVING SLOWLY ... *seeths*

Hahaha... seriously?! That's the first I've ever heard of someone being pulled over for going too slow! Ever! lol... how slow were you going?! lol

Haha... that's one way to meet Mounties;)

Renin... you need to learn the need for speed:D ..... I wonder if dee gives lessons... not that I would recommend taking lessons from him:rolleyes: hehe!

Hahaha... seriously?! That's the first I've ever heard of someone being pulled over for going too slow! Ever! lol... how slow were you going?! lol

Haha... that's one way to meet Mounties;)

Renin... you need to learn the need for speed:D ..... I wonder if dee gives lessons... not that I would recommend taking lessons from him:rolleyes: hehe!

I think I have a hidden speed demon inside me... I used to mountain bike, and I wiped out at 42 km/hr and rolled down a hill, smashed open my face and lost my bike into a lake. Fun.

BTW, I was driving 15 in a 50 zone (looking for a parking spot) ... 70 in an 100 zone (tired) ... and 75 in an 100 zone (because I didn't see the resume speed sign).

Slowpoke!;) hehe:p

Did you get a fine for it? Or just a warning?

A warning and ... "You know, I have coffee a lot at __________."

HAHA! He didn't pull you over because you were going too slow... he pulled you over so he could hit on you ;). Lol... back in driver's ed my driving instructor told me police officers will pull over cute women just to hit on them... hasn't happened to me.... I must not be cute:p :rolleyes: lol.

If it would have been me, I probably would have said "Of course you have coffee there... you're a cop! I bet you have doughnuts there too!" :P

Okay... I might not have said it... but I definitely would have thought it... and would have been fighting the urge to burst out laughing! lol

HAHA! He didn't pull you over because you were going too slow... he pulled you over so he could hit on you ;). Lol... back in driver's ed my driving instructor told me police officers will pull over cute women just to hit on them... hasn't happened to me.... I must not be cute:p :rolleyes: lol.

If it would have been me, I probably would have said "Of course you have coffee there... you're a cop! I bet you have doughnuts there too!"

Okay... I might not have said it... but I definitely would have thought it... and would have been fighting the urge to burst out laughing! lol

I don't think I was cute... I cry terribly when policemen pull me over. Every time I see the flashing lights and I think I'm in trouble I just end up bawling. It's very terrible and messy and I never have kleenex and the cop is always like... wtf, I'm not that scary!!!!

:P I always laugh when I see them at Tim Hortons!!!

I don't think I was cute... I cry terribly when policemen pull me over. Every time I see the flashing lights and I think I'm in trouble I just end up bawling. It's very terrible and messy and I never have kleenex and the cop is always like... wtf, I'm not that scary!!!!

:P I always laugh when I see them at Tim Hortons!!!

Aww!

Haha... me too!... They just love perpetuating that stereotype:p

That reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUIh2U7hFAo&feature=related.... soooooo funny! :D

Autobahn baby;)

There are also plenty of speed limits on the various Autobahns. Since I'm in Munich atm, I've driven plenty of time on all the various Autobahns, and there are frequently speed limits where you can't go over 120 km/hr. Usually due to construction or problems with the road (ie. when there are small bumps or potholes that need to be fixed, so it's dangerous to go too fast).

That said, there are still plenty of places where you can go as fast as you and your car can handle. As long as you don't run into Stau (traffic jams). Which are also plentiful on German autobahns.

Of course, over here in Germany, the entire system is geared towards having people and cars who can drive safely at fast speeds. Cars have to go through an annual inspection that is very thorough, to make sure they are safe to drive at autobahn speeds (for example, the tires on our car were starting to have a few tiny bald spots on them, and we had to replace them or we wouldn't have our car certified as safe to drive). Brakes on the cars over here seem much more responsible compared to on Canadian cars.

Then there is the driver training. Oh my goodness, I would not want to try to get my license over here (thank goodness we are here through the Canadian Forces so we simply had to write a test showing that we were aware of the differences in the signs and driving regulations, and we were given Canadian Forces Europe driver's licenses). The training is incredibly thorough and people even learn some basic car maintenance. The tests are incredibly difficult and everyone I've spoke to that has a German license had to take the test at least twice to pass. So, in addition to having cars that are thoroughly inspected every year, the drivers are trained more thoroughly than in North America, have to pass a more rigorous test, and are trained to drive at Autobahn speeds.

Finally, the highways (Autobahns) are very, very well maintained. If there is the slightest thing on the highway that will cause a problem, they put up a speed limit sign (120 km/hr). They don't want people going fast when there are small bumps, or liquids, or other things on the road that could cause a problem at high speeds.

The German Autobahns are cool though. I mean, when you are going 150 km/hr, you expect people in Porsches and BMWs to blow right past you. What you don't expect is the football (soccer) mom in her mini van to blow right past you. ;)

Man, i need a day at the Katzenpension (I read it as the Katzenprison, and wondered what your kitties did...) ;)

Hehe. :P I need to get out of the habit of using German words. :o I know I'll be saying "Danke" a lot instead of thank you for the first week I'm back home. :P

Archived